New Tech Mergers and Acquisitions Conference:
How to Maximize Value in Selling Your Business
Thursday February 8, 2018
8:30 am to 5:30 pm
at Summit Law, 315 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 1000. Seattle, WA 98104
Join us for an exclusive intimate summit with your peers and experts to help you get answers to your pressing legal, financial and business operations questions around getting acquired or acquiring companies.
For less than the cost of a one hour consultation you get a day of discovering inside information on:
- Getting your business ready for sale
- Potential changes to current business structure
- Forms of transaction: stock, cash, notes, asset sale, allocation
- How to get organized and prepare for an M&A event
- What first-time sellers (and buyers) wish they had known before selling (or buying)
- Understanding deal terms and the market
- The impact of outstanding state tax issues
- How to evaluate alternative deal structures
- How to properly manage the due diligence process
- How to maximize enterprise value by knowing the priorities of the stakeholders
- How to build your all-star M&A execution team
- How to manage risks and surprises
If you’re in the Scale Up stage of your startup and haven’t yet sold a company, this summit is for you. When you get some significant traction you’ll start getting inbound inquiries on potential transactions – only 11% of those inquiries actually close. Selling your company is a process and requires preparation.
During this one day conference you’ll receive invaluable insights, tips and advice to avoid common pitfalls Founders, Leaders, HR Directors, and Strategy and Finance Directors encounter on the journey of selling your company. Take advantage of this opportunity to create a solid plan for having your business strategy, structure, processes and people where they need to be before you sell your company.
When you understand the buyer’s perspective, you can proactively take action to maximize your value, streamline due diligence and avoid problems at the negotiating table.
When you’re selling your privately held business it’s important to remember that the sale is a process, not simply a transaction. And perhaps surprisingly, that process can take years if you want to maximize the value. It’s never too early to start.
So, what should you be thinking about and doing now?
Join us to learn about the legal, financial and business considerations that can make your company more attractive to a potential buyer. Things like whether you have the right entity structure, the optimal accounting and reporting systems, and how you need to prepare on the revenue and operating side of your business.
- Andy Shawber – a Partner at Summit Law providing Corporate, Securities, M&A, IPO work for technology companies.
- Chris Dishman – the Founder of Denali Financial, an interim CFO firm that works with startups from transaction and due diligence
- Dave Parker – a VC and 5X Founder that has sold three of his own and three additional companies as a board member.
- Kristin Brandtner – Vice President at Meridian Capital Investment Bankers, she has helped clients raise over $10.0 billion in funds for acquisitions, recapitalizations, and working capital needs.
- Laura Bertin – a Partner at Summit Law providing Corporate, Securities, M&A, IPO work for technology companies.
- Mark Worthington – a Partner at Summit Law providing Corporate, Securities, M&A, IPO work for technology companies.
- Nicole Donnelly – Serial entrepreneur and coach
- Patrick Ringland – Managing Director at Meridian Capital Investment Bankers who has been a consultant and advisor for fortune 500 companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs.
- T.A. McCann – Serial entrepreneur, investor and advisor
8:30 Registration / continental breakfast
9:00 Discovering the Critical Financial Moves You Need to Make Before You Sell Your Company presented by Chris Dishman, Denali Financial
10:00 Anatomy of an M&A Deal, presented by Andy Shawber of Summit Law Group
11:15 How to Set Your Business Up For Sale presented by Dave Parker, Seven Peaks
12:15 Lunch (provided on location)
1:00 Panel of Entrepreneurs and Executives Who Have Sold Their Companies including T.A. McCann, Nicole Donnelly and more
3:00 Best Practices Panel featuring professionals from Summit Law Group, Meridian Capital and Denali Financial moderated by Dave Parker
4:30 Happy Hour / Networking
Additionally, you’ll get specially-tailored advice about (and what’s currently market for) key M&A deal terms. Come prepared with your questions for this exclusive opportunity!
We’ll be in an intimate format for a collaborative discussion and to give you personalized help and advice. You’ll walk away with actionable ways to improve your business and valuable connections.