As the end of the year approaches, let’s take a look at all we’ve accomplished as a community:
2016 By the Numbers:
- 36 events
- 6,500+ tickets sold/people connected
- 240 special presenters
- 18 articles published in major outlets like The Huffington Post and The Seattle Times
- $1.2m raised in support of Geekwire’s Geeks Give Back program for the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship which helps women and underserved minorities get a STEM education
- 12 Search and Rescue trips to help neighbors experiencing homelessness
- 2,400 job seekers connected to job opportunities
Can. You. Believe. It? We can. We have an incredible community here in the PNW and we are grateful for the continued and unwavering support each year. Numbers like these give us the momentum to propel into 2017 to continue fostering the growth of connections, community and technology.
Thank you for caring about your New Tech community and being an active part of making these great accomplishments happen with others in our community.
Have a wonderful holiday season, rest and rejuvenate, and we’ll see you on January 10th for the special Mobile event in Seattle!