How to Get Better Jobs as a Software Engineer
NTNW Special Technical & Interview Skills Training
Monday, February 24th
111 S Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104
Hey New Techies, We’re always looking for new and better ways to help you with the next step of building your tech career or company. To that end, we’re excited to be bringing you this special workshop in partnership with Outco, the software engineer career accelerator. This is an event every software engineer in Seattle should attend!
When you join us you’ll:
- Discover how to never fail a whiteboarding problem again
- Learn 5 essential strategies to nailing any technical interview questions
- Learn our proven white boarding blueprint so you can walk into any technical interview with confidence
- Discover how to approach problems you haven’t encountered before and solve them under pressure
- Watch our instructors conduct a live coding session to see these strategies in action
- Discover 5 reasons why a recruiter will or won’t hire you
- Discover how to shift the relationship with your recruiter from a roadblock, to your #1 advocate
- Learn to decode what a recruiter is really looking for when they ask you various questions
- Find out how to implement a few simple techniques to get you to the top of your recruiter’s list
- Discover the types of questions for Google’s phone screen, coding challenge, and on-site interviews
- Learn how to solve a particularly tricky algorithm question our Outcoders have been asked during Google interviews
What you’ll experience at this one-of-a-kind workshop
Minimum Steps to 1 – a dynamic programming problem that will take 1 hour to walk through including Q&A. We’ll be walking through both top-down (memoization) and bottom-up (tabulation approaches). We’ll be breaking down the problem on a tablet so access to a projector would be ideal. This session will be led by Ron Tsui our CTO.
Reverse Recruiting – a networking session that breaks down cold outreach to technical recruiters to help secure interviews that will take 1 hour to walk through including Q&A. This session will be led by Joshua Encarnacion our CEO.
Founded in 2015, and based in San Francisco, California, Outco is a coaching and skill sharpening service for software engineers. Outco trains software engineers on technical and communication skills that help accelerate their job search and advance their careers.
The Outco instruction team is led by software engineers and former recruiters who are experienced in the interview process. After more than three years since opening, Outco has helped over 1,600+ software engineers land jobs at top companies such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, YC startups, and more.
Mission: “Supporting tech professionals at all levels in unlocking their full potential (..through earning jobs, for now).”
Vision: “A global, equitable, balanced organization of people who enjoy their work producing high-quality tech and EQ skills development programming for tech professionals.”