Website Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Status: Full Time, Employee
Career Level: Director
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (Masters Degree a plus)
Travel Requirements: Able to travel worldwide up to 10% of the time
Location: Kirkland, Washington
Bluetooth SIG Inc. is the company at the heart of Bluetooth technology, the global wireless standard for simple, secure connectivity. Bluetooth SIG oversees the development of new generations of Bluetooth technology, advances awareness of Bluetooth worldwide, and provides processes and tools for developers and product manufacturers around the world to build, test, qualify, and brand their Bluetooth products.
We are seeking a Director, Cloud Operations & Engineering, to lead a talented and high-quality team in support of our technology mission, member companies, business partners, and the broader SIG organization. Be a part of developing innovative technology that powers wireless connectivity for 4.5 billion device shipments each year and is growing!
The Director of Cloud Operations & Engineering leads 20 individuals across four teams: Software Engineering, Cloud Development & IT Operations, Product Management, and Business Intelligence. The Director both establishes the Cloud Operations & Engineering vision and strategy and executes corresponding tactics in support of the SIG’s overall Specification, Qualification, and Promotion mission. The Director owns cloud operations, IT network & infrastructure, SaaS application support, business intelligence analytics and tools, and Bluetooth.com applications. The Director reports to the VP of Finance and advises the CEO and executive team on cloud operations and IT security.
- Establish Cloud Operations & Engineering vision and technology strategy and roadmap.
- Drive tactical execution of priorities, operations, and projects.
- Provide strategic input and advice to CEO and executive team
- Build and maintain strong enduring relationships between Cloud Operations & Engineering and across the organization (Specification, Qualification, Promotion, Finance, etc.) and among all levels.
- Own cloud environment, networks, and IT infrastructure
- Own IT/Cloud services vendor management
- Own, develop, maintain, and support web properties, as well as in-house and commercial applications
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Back-up & disaster recovery (IT Operations)
- Staff development and performance
- Financial management
- Support ~130 users
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years supervising/managing Cloud/IT and/or engineering/development teams
- 3+ years managing team size 12 staff or greater
- Expert-level knowledge/experience of Cloud technologies, environments, operations, & DevOps
- Strong knowledge/experience of software development and associated methods (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.) for web-based and cloud applications
- Strong to expert knowledge/experience in security, risk assessment, & mitigation
- Demonstrated strategic mindset combined with the ability to execute through staff
- Demonstrated skills in managing remote / distributed staff
- Embrace, believe in, and model the Bluetooth values of Humility, Respect, Commitment, Integrity, Collaboration, and Creativity
Additional areas that will help a candidate to be even more competitive:
- Azure specific knowledge, expertise, & experience
- Strong knowledge/experience in the Microsoft portfolio (e.g. 365, Dynamics CRM, etc.)
- Strong technical capability in multiple programming languages, test automation, and web services
The Bluetooth SIG offers an outstanding benefits package including health, prescription drug, short-term and long-term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401(k).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, National Guard or reserve unit obligation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice, or the work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org