Website Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Status: Full Time, Employee
Job Category: Test Specification Development
Relevant Work Experience: 3+ years
Career Level: Experienced
Education: Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Technical Communications, English, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical experience
Travel Requirements: up to 5% travel (domestic and international) – once allowed by COVID requirements
Location: Kirkland, WA
Bluetooth technology is the fastest-growing wireless technology in the world and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (Bluetooth SIG), the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry, is hiring! Backed by industry-leading companies, the Bluetooth SIG oversees the development of new Bluetooth specifications and provides the processes and tools for members to build, test, qualify, and brand their Bluetooth products.
Our collaborative, fast-paced company culture and critical role in making the Internet of Things a reality provides you with a unique opportunity to collaborate with the companies that are creating the world’s most advanced products and for you to be a part of the vanguard of technology innovation.
At the Bluetooth SIG, our values are at the core of who we are and are displayed on a daily basis as we cultivate relationships with our members, business partners, and our organization. When joining the Bluetooth SIG, it means you share and display these values at the highest level: collaboration, commitment, integrity, respect, humility, and creativity.
As the Technical Editor – Specification Validation, you will be a key contributor to the Bluetooth SIG’s efforts to develop and maintain comprehensive test documentation for the Bluetooth wireless technology standard. As a member of the Specification Validation content team, you will maintain specification validation documentation, ensuring alignment with industry-wide engineering standards and conformance to Bluetooth SIG policy and process requirements. The successful candidate will approach the role as a team player, with an emphasis on communication and a willingness to partner with external and internal teams in developing, editing, and publishing the content.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Edit technical content
- Collaborate with member-led committees and SIG engineering teams
- Contribute to content-related projects
- Maintain and consistently apply styles and standards
- Develop and maintain an airtight working knowledge of process requirements and ensure project-wide compliance
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams as well as external member contributors
- Proactively contribute to process improvement related to content development
- Participate in working sessions and review cycles with test document developers
- Develop subject matter expertise with a view to becoming an SME for internal and external stakeholders
Skill and Requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience editing technical content for a technical audience
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to work with subject matter experts
- Minimum 2-3 years experience producing content in Microsoft Word
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience applying (and ideally maintaining) styles and standards
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience interpreting, tailoring, and presenting technical information for technical and non-technical audiences
- Very high level of Microsoft Office suite proficiency, including ability to work with templates and styles
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a globally distributed organization
- 1-2 years’ experience operating in an Agile/Scrum environment
- At least some experience collaborating on projects with Product/Engineering organizations
Additional Skills for Consideration
- Experience with project coordination or management a strong plus
- Experience with technology industry standards and standards development organizations a strong plus
- Expertise in Microsoft Visio a plus
The Bluetooth SIG offers an excellent benefits package including health, prescription drug, short-term and long-term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401(k).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, National Guard or reserve unit obligation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice, or the work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org