New Tech Mergers and Acquisitions Workshop
How to Maximize Value in Selling Your Business
Thursday November 29, 2018
5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
at Summit Law, 315 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 1000. Seattle, WA 98104
Join us for an exclusive intimate summit with your peers and experts from Bader Martin and Summit Law to help you get answers to your pressing legal, financial and business operations questions around getting acquired or acquiring companies. Setting your company up now to be positioned properly for a sale will help you when it matters most.
Who should attend:
- Employees with equity
- People planning to start a company
- CEO’s, COO’s and CFO’s wanting to connect with peers, mentors and advisors
- Anyone interested in this topic
Discover inside information on:
- Getting your business ready for sale
- Potential changes to current business structure
- Forms of transaction: stock, cash, notes, asset sale, allocation
- How to get organized and prepare for an M&A event
- What first-time sellers (and buyers) wish they had known before selling (or buying)
- Understanding deal terms and the market
- The impact of outstanding state tax issues
- How to evaluate alternative deal structures
- How to properly manage the due diligence process
- How to maximize enterprise value by knowing the priorities of the stakeholders
- How to build your all-star M&A execution team
- How to manage risks and surprises
If you’re in the Scale Up stage of your startup and haven’t yet sold a company, this workshop is for you. When you get some significant traction you’ll start getting inbound inquiries on potential transactions – only 11% of those inquiries actually close. Selling your company is a process and requires preparation.
During this workshop you’ll receive invaluable insights, tips and advice to avoid common pitfalls Founders, Leaders, HR Directors, and Strategy and Finance Directors encounter on the journey of selling your company.
Take advantage of this opportunity to create a solid plan for having your business strategy, structure, processes and people where they need to be before you sell your company.
When you understand the buyer’s perspective, you can proactively take action to maximize your value, streamline due diligence and avoid problems at the negotiating table.
When you’re selling your privately held business it’s important to remember that the sale is a process, not simply a transaction. And perhaps surprisingly, that process can take years if you want to maximize the value. It’s never too early to start.
So, what should you be thinking about and doing now?
Join us to learn about the legal, financial and business considerations that can make your company more attractive to a potential buyer. Things like whether you have the right entity structure, the optimal accounting and reporting systems, and how you need to prepare on the revenue and operating side of your business.
5:00 Doors Open & Networking
6:00 – 8:00 Panel Discussion featuring experts from Bader Martin and Summit Law
We’ll be in an intimate format for a collaborative discussion and to give you personalized help and advice. You’ll walk away with actionable ways to improve your business and valuable connections.