Seeking Software Engineer Position
Objective – Looking for Software Engineer position to utilize my Full Stack Software Engineer experience and skills learned while earning my BS in Computer Science from University of San Francisco.
(415) 308‐8996 email@example.com http://brentleyruckerca.com/
● Databases: PostgreSQL, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB
● Design, IDEs, and Tools: GitHub, SVN, Git, Logisim, edit and debug with Eclipse and Atom
● Systems: Windows, MacOS, Linux.
BS in Computer Science, University of San Francisco, Graduated December, 2017
-Focus on software and website development with electives building applications and utilizing data science. Strong emphasis on computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and computational mathematics
Academic Projects – University of San Francisco, Computer Science
● Full Stack API (Node, React, Express, PostgreSQL): Developed e‐commerce Full Stack API for Senior Team Project.
● Multi‐Threaded Search Engine (Java): Created multi‐threaded search engine that reduced runtime by 32%. Recursively parses files to store a mapping of where words were found within files. Designed with: threads with work queue, IO exceptions, Trees, Sets, Maps, Lists, Logging, and http protocol.
● ARM Assembly Emulator (C): Emulates the register state of an ARM CPU and emulates the execution of ARM instructions. GitHub
● Dijkstra Binomial Queue (Java): Receives file as list of cities and distance between cities. Creates an adjacency list graph, then creates a binomial queue and uses Dijkstra’s algorithm to continually remove shortest distance between cities.
● CPU (Logisim, ARM Assembly, Python): Designed a single‐cycle CPU that performs the tasks each Assembly instruction word instructs.
Personal Projects – 2017-Present
● Full Stack API (Node, Express, React, PostgreSQL): Constructed API for user to register, login, and create, edit, and delete notes.
● Python API (Python): Currently developing APIs in Python.
● Surfboard Volume Calculator (React): Takes user’s height, weight, age, surfing skill level, and exercise ability to calculate appropriate surfboard volume.
2012‐2014: Freelance Full‐Stack Software Engineer — Seattle, Washington
● Improved SEO results of various sites, tracking progress with Google Analytics increasing traffic by 34%
● Generated and maintained social media sites for two organizations. Taught organization executives how
to maintain and update social media accounts and CMS.
2013‐2014: Web Production Artist/Web Builder, Sesame Communications — Seattle, Washington
● Designed over 30 social media pages for clients which increased social media consumers over 100%
● Increased traffic by 22% by Optimizing web builds for SEM and tracked on Google Analytics
2012‐2013: Web Builder, The Cobalt Group, Seattle, Washington
● Maintain a high level of productivity in an environment where speed and accuracy are critical.
● Responsible for back end edits and maintenance as well as edits to major design elements on the sites
- ARM Assembly
Fall 2014 - Fall 2017
BS Computer Science at University of San Francisco
Focus on software and website development with electives building applications and utilizing data science. Strong emphasis on computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and computational mathematics