Director of NPI Manufacturing Operations
Supply Chain Management
Research and Development
Connie Gettinger Ph. D.
1668 NW Riverscape Street
Portland, OR 97209
503 449 3935
Director of Operations
Programs & Projects Leadership
· Cross Functional Project/Planning Leadership
· Multi-Geo/Multi Project Leadership
· Product Development Lifecycle
· Multi-Discipline Stakeholder Management
· Strategic Planning and Leadership
· Engineering Management
· Employee Hiring, On Boarding and Development
· Productivity and Efficiency Models and Tools
· Development Methodologies
· Budget Responsibilities
· Supply Chain Management
· Business Operations
· Research and Development
• Supply Chain Management
• Business Operations
• Research and Development
Experienced Director in Manufacturing Operations with a demonstrated history of leading Product Development teams. Over 18 years in people, supplier management, project and program management in hardware manufacturing. Operations roles in planning, budgeting, vendor management, logistics, strategic hiring and workforce management. Skilled in Research and Development (R&D), Engineering Management, and Process/Materials Engineering. Experienced in creating development methodologies and infrastructure to drive LEAN, efficiency and productivity improvements. Exceptional Relationship Builder with proven track record of collaboration and influence across multi-discipline stakeholders. Respected change agent in adapting to new technology and business needs. Extensive Global Experience. Ph .D focused in Materials Science/Polymer Physics from UC Santa Barbara.
Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (2015-2018)
Director New Product Manufacturing Operations, Intel Connectivity Devices Group
· NPI Manufacturing Operations – Led a global team of technical program managers, supply chain professionals and materials program managers responsible for new product development of Intel’s Wireless Products. Design for cost, quality, supply chain, manufacturing and test. Successful Launch of Connectivity Products and Enabling Hardware for Cellular Modems, Quality and Prototyping for 5G/Next Generations of Standards.
· Business Operations – Budget responsibilities of 30$ Million US$ per Fiscal Year. Organizational Tools, Space, Cross Organization Alignment.
· New Technology & Supplier Certification – Leading a team in Hardware, FAB, and Product Enabling- Internal and External Manufacturing Supply Chains. Strategic Alignment to Technology/Product/Cost Roadmaps. Development of Logistics Paths for New Technologies and Supply Chains ODMs.
· Organization Development and Growth – Expanded the Scope and Deliverables of the organization by 60%. Extended and Standardized Processes, Supply Base, Tools and Databases to scale Operations to include Cellular/Modem and 5G – Consolidated Manufacturing and BOM Suppliers to Low Cost GEO’s 22 Million US$ Savings 2017/2018.
· Hiring Champion – Leading a team responsible for US Hiring Strategy and Diverse Workforce – Interns, College Graduates, Experienced – Diversity Goals. Onboarding and Training.
· Global Collaboration – Established Strong Collaborations with Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development Teams In Intel Community.
Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (2011-2015)
Sr. Manager New Product Introduction, Manufacturing Operations, Intel Connectivity Devices Group
· NPI Manufacturing Operations – Global Team Leader of technical program managers and supply chain professionals responsible for new product development of Intel’s Wireless LAN Products (Si and Modules). Design for cost, manufacturing, supply chain, quality and test. Managed a Budget of 20 Million US$ per Fiscal Year. Contributed to the development of Intel’s 1st cost competitive WLAN product with .11ac technology.
· Customer Experience and Planning – Established Connectivity Sample Program Office – Leading a team of supply chain and sample coordination professionals to streamline and deliver all hardware to internal and external customers. Restored confidence with major OEMs in Intel’s WLAN sample delivery ability, ~ 1 Million Samples Delivered – multiple products.
· Hiring Champion – Leading a team responsible for US Hiring Strategy a Strategic and Diverse Workforce. – Interns, College Graduates, Experienced – Diversity Goals. Increased Diversity Scores by 30%
Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (2006-2011)
Manufacturing Operations Manager, Mobility Wireless Group
NPI Program Management – Led Global Cross- Functional New Product Development Teams to Develop, Certify and Ramp Wireless LAN Products.
Infrastructure Innovation – Established the methodology for outsourcing turnkey solutions generating $18 million savings. Established procedures for multi- product shuttles as a development and cost saving tool generating $8.5 million saving.
Intel Corporation, Chandler, AZ (2000-2006)
Assembly Platform Manager, Assembly Technology Development
· IC Packaging Platform Manager- Led assembly packaging team that certified the platform envelopes for Intel’s Flash and WiFi Products. Responsible for all communications and alignment with Sr. Management and Customers.
· New Technology Development – Certified several new technologies including film die attach, halogen free, 5 die stacking, and NAND memory.
Assembly Platform Integrator, Assembly Technology Development
· Technical Program Management – technical lead for global assembly packaging team for flash technologies.
Managed and integrated development activities and schedules for multi- functional (Design, Silicon, Materials, Manufacturing, Q&R) assembly team.
· Methodology Development – Led team which developed methodology for certification and high volume ramp of Intel’s external manufacturing platforms.
Materials Integrator, Assembly Technology Development
· Technical Program Management – Led a cross functional global materials team responsible for the integration and certification of new polymer materials for communication and wireless packaging.
· Research and Development – Developed the materials road map for communication and wireless packaging. Led a team responsible for the development of new polymer materials(epoxy, adhesives, and thermoplastics) for communication and wireless assembly packaging including supplier selection, management and certification to meet high volume ramp. Lead the materials team strategic technology alignment team- responsible for cross site/platform alignment on materials technologies, core competencies, training and resourcing. 3 Patents Awarded
3M Corporation, St. Paul, MN (1997-2000)
Sr. Research Scientist Corporate Technology Centers
· Research and Development – Developed new materials and solvent-less processes for future 3M products – LED’s, Antennas, Process and Materials Characterization. 5 Record of Inventions Filed, 1 Patent Awarded, 3 record of inventions filed, 1 paper published paper in Journal of Rheology
· Supplier Management – Materials and Supplier Management/Development
Postdoctoral Research National Institute of Standards and Technology
Ph.D. in Materials Science (Electronic Polymers) University of California, Santa Barbara
B .S. in Physical Chemistry University of California, Berkeley
- project management
- Supply Chain
Ph.D Materials Science at UC Santa Barbara
BS Chemistry at UC Berkeley
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org