Senior Information Technology Specialist & Cloud Solutions Architect
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate that is an analytical, results-driven IT Professional with experience in network/system configuration, backup, and administration. Proven ability to identify arising issues and develop solutions. Leverage excellent communication skills to provide complex information to technical and nontechnical audiences. My strength lies in the ability to provide developers with IT technological needs to deliver their software solutions to customers.
*AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate | PSI Exams
*Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) | Cisco, ASM Educational Center
*Network+ Certification | CompTIA, ASM educational Center
*ITILv3 Foundation Certification | AXELOS
*Greymark Network Cable Certification | Montgomery College
*Certified Desktop & Laptop Technician Certification | HP and Dell
- Active Directory
- Cisco IOS
- Confluence & Jira
- EMC Networker & Data-Domain
- Linux CentOS
- Security Clearance
- Systems Administration
- Windows Server
Computer Science at University of Maryland University College
Cloud Solutions Consultant at Self Employed
Consult with private businesses on Cloud Services and how Infrastructure as a Service can help businesses provide better service to their customers.
* AWS Cloud Architect Associate Certification achieved August 2018.
* Architect, build and configure website using AWS S3 and EC2.
Systems Administrator at Radiant Solutions
Completed daily systems administration, including configuring domain controllers and active directory servers in company domain and closed area networks. Planned and performed active directory migrations with Group Policy Object (GPO) changes to ensure compliance with security technical implementation guide (STIG).
* DevOps experience bridging gap between IT and software development to complete project requirements.
* Coordinate and complete server and network infrastructure buildouts for usage by software developers and data analysts which consisted of strict project delivery timelines.
* Built and managed system backup across five locations using EMC Networker, VBA, and data-domain infrastructure. Completed successful site-to-site back-up replication.
* Integrated Amazon AWS Storage Gateway and Amazon EC2 to for offsite backup retention.
* Administered and launched enterprise ShoreTel phone system across five locations.
* Planned/executed office build-outs and seamless technology transfer for 200 employees. Configured network and negotiated with ISPs for internet coverage using session initiation protocol (SIP) trunks.
* Configured desktops, laptops, and printers for new employees and deactivated technology upon terminations.
* Created VLANs and performed firmware updates; configured Dell PowerConnect 3000 and 6000 series switches with spanning-tree protocol.
* Supervised multiple contractors and vendors performing routine facility and IT system maintenance to ensure adherence to site security protocols and company standards.
* Procured and built equipment for customer contracts as scoped; organized software and licenses while meeting contract requirements.
Team Lead at Northrop Grumman
Directed PC refresh project following strict reimage guidelines according to EPA’s standard operating procedures. Assigned reimage duties to team members, managed refresh rollout, and supervised daily progress; met encryption deadlines within customer scope.
* Trained new technicians on reimage process; ensured retention of information through drills.
Field Services Technician at Northrop Grumman
Provide phone and in-person customer support with hard drive imaging, PC setup and configuration, domain account setup, and hardware installation/upgrades for desktops and laptops in a Dell/HP environment.
* Repaired hardware, including motherboards, hard drives, processor swaps, and screen replacements.
* Provided break-fixes for Windows XP, Outlook, Nortel IP-VPN, Norton Antivirus, ESD Desktop Manager, Asset Insight, IBM Notes, IBM Sametime, Marimba, and SafeGuard encryption.
Systems Engineer at Intelice Solutions
Provided hardware/software support for laptops and desktops for employees and clients of an IT firm. Repaired system files and configured networks for Windows XP/2000 and Microsoft Office programs.
* Managed installation and wiring of servers and switches in server room.
* Built images for distribution on internal company laptops using network lab environment.
* Assisted technicians in refurbishing external hard drives and various equipment; soldered loose connections and performed light repairs.
* Configured and upgraded virtual PC platform with Red Hat and SUSE Linux for SAN storage.
* Entered data and repaired tickets using SharePoint Business Management. Maintained records of technical equipment inventory and distribution.
- at -
Additional experience as available upon request.
*PC Technician for Desktop Patrol.
*Computer Specialist for IONA Senior Services.