Dusti L. Blood, MBA, CISSP, CISM, ITIL
Seattle, WA – (206) 697-9326 – email@example.com – linkedin.com/in/dusti-blood
Technology Leader, Cyber Security & Program Management Professional
Achievement-oriented professional with extensive experience in technology management, cyber security, information security, program and project management, organizational strategy and management experience. Proven track record of managing complex projects and leading teams while supporting an organization’s overall success and compliance. Provides exceptional skills in project management, vendor management, business analysis, and stakeholder management. Consistently identifies opportunities for advancing business objectives while implementing practices for process improvement. Analytical, passionate and value-centric leader who thrives in fast-paced environments delivering skilled decision-making, professionalism and articulated vision.
Technical Team Management
NIST SP 800-53
Education & Certifications
Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business (Seattle, WA) (2017)
Coursework: Data Analysis; Digital Transformation; Information Security; Enterprise Systems; Compliance
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Seattle University (Seattle, WA) (2013)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communications & Film
University of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) (2005)
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
University of Washington – Seattle, WA
Assistant Director, Office of Research Information Services
June 2014 – Present
Assistant Director responsible for managing four functional areas, project delivery and multiple programs, products and services, valued at $5M annually, including IT Service Management, content services, analytics, data analysis, websites/content services, technical writing, training, user experience design and product marketing, within a software development and information technology service organization with delegated information security responsibilities. Direct team outcomes and IT operations, develops relationships with internal customers and advocates for the end user.
– Directed implementation of new technical platform, leveraging vendor and third-party product, improving operational efficiency, information security, customer satisfaction, reducing overall cost and labor by 2 FTE, leveraging information security controls and best practices. Redirected staff to high priority initiatives.
– Revamped IT Service Management processes, organizational framework, reporting, information security control measures, enabling data-driven decision making, improved operational efficiency, resolution & recovery time, business continuity and better integration with organization’s SDLC.
– Restructured analytics and usage data-gathering products and techniques, emphasis on attention to detail, user experience workflow and artifacts to produce actionable insights for multiple technology product owners.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Port of Seattle – Seattle, WA
Digital Strategy Project Manager
October 2009 – May 2014
Provided leadership as Digital Strategy Project Manager leading cross functional teams, project management and providing internal and external digital assets for Port of Seattle. Maintained critical assets to support international travel with ~30M visitors per year to Seattle. Delivered digital strategy direction on enterprise-wide technology development project teams.
– Managed multiple projects and programs, implementing policies, products and services, managing contributors, stakeholders and resources. Outcomes include: three new enterprise technical platforms, digital publications, standard operating procedures, system documentation and configuration management.
– Led a team of five contributors for implementation of a new website platform, reducing overall content by 50%, improving operational efficiency, leveraging information security best practices.
– Negotiated vendor contracts and managed contributions, leading to IT projects delivering core service information to customers and community, within project scope, budget and timeline.
– Developed disaster recovery and business continuity plans for public-facing websites and held responsibilities during exercises.
United States Coast Guard (USCG) – Seattle, WA
Division Head, Active Duty & Reserve (Officer Commission July 2015)
November 2005 – Present
Served Active Duty (3/2006 – 3/2009) and currently in Reserves leading a technical team providing information security, tactical communications operations, personnel security clearance processing and intelligence analysis and reporting. Provided leadership as Iraq Campaign veteran with sea time experience, working with other US Armed Forces and coalition forces. Experience handling incidents with Incident Command System (ICS). Active Secret clearance.
– Enforced security controls, handling of classified information, leveraging NIST SP 800-53, Risk Management Framework and strong attention to detail, resulting in zero exposure and a 100% secure facility.
– Managed force protection, boat operations, information security & law enforcement training programs across four units.
– Prepared and executed operational procurement budget, while ensuring continuity of operations and safety of team.
Numerous Military Medals, Ribbons, and Commendations – United States Coast Guard (USCG)
Technical, Cyber and DoD Skills
Scrum / Agile SDLC – SOP Development – TTP – SIEM – Splunk –
8570 IAT Level III – 8570 IAM Level III – CSSP Manager – NIST 800-53 – RMF – FISMA – POA&M –
Tableau – Power BI – Adobe Creative Suite – G Suite – Office 365 – Secret Clearance