Elaine (Lin) Ye
firstname.lastname@example.org | 415-286-4931 | Seattle, WA | https://www.linkedin.com/in/elaine-ye/
Seattle University, Seattle, WA 2017-Present
Hospital Emergency Department Overcrowding Prediction
· Created predictive models to forecast the crowding degree of ED two hours ahead. Utilized machine learning models to improve accuracy rate by 20% compared to base model.
· Performed data analysis using Time Series and Recurrent Neural Networks model with R.
Credit card fraud detection
· Developed statistical models to detect fraud cases in 284,000+ credit card transactions. Achieved accuracy rate at 99.75% and false negative rate at 0%.
· Conducted data cleaning, preprocessing in SQL and data visualization with Power BI.
· Performed data analysis using KNN, Logistic Regression and Random Forest models using R.
Airline demand forecasting
· Developed advance booking models to forecast and test airline demand, improved accuracy rate by 30%.
· Conducted data analysis using Random Forest and regression with Python.
E-commerce Revenue Optimization
· Developed a marketing program to incentive dormant one-time buyers. Leveraged machine learning models to process and analyze over 2GBs of data, achieved higher efficiency in consumer targeting by 80% compared to baseline methodology on back-testing.
· Conducted data importing, cleansing and transformation with SQL. Performed data analysis using Lasso logistics regression and Random Forest models in R.
Financial Analyst Redhawk Fund, 2017- 2018
· Analyzed data using Bloomberg database, conducted in-depth quantitative analysis and predicted assigned stock value using financial models.
· Reduced portfolio risks by developing weekly financial report and monitoring stock performance.
Hua Xia Bank, Dalian, China
Product Manager 2015 – 2016
· Increased Apple Pay usage rate by 18% and Union Pay usage rate by 34% within 3 months; leveraged CRM, SQL and Excel Pivot Table to analyze customer data and organized new product promotion campaigns.
· Increased customer retention rate from 72% to above 90% by analyzing data to enhance customer relationship and organizing customer monthly social networking events.
· Managed new debit card product integration, coordinated with technical and management departments to ensure project flow and budget; completed project ahead of schedule while saving 10% against budget.
Financial Analyst 2009 – 2014
· Increased annual profit by $10M+ by analyzing and restructuring interest rates of Bank’s Acceptance Bill for issuing investments. Performed financial modeling using Excel.
· Extended $500M+ in loans; tracked and analyzed borrowers’ performance and ensured all loans are repaid on time and in full.
SQL | Python | R | Advanced Modeling in Excel | PowerPoint | Big Data Analysis | Tableau | Power BI | Access| Statistical Modeling | Financial Modeling
Master of Business Administration (MBA) & Master of Science in Business Analytics (Dual Degree)
Seattle University, Seattle, WA GPA: 3.78 March 2019 Master of Finance Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China 2009 Bachelor of Environmental Science and Engineering Tianjin University, China 2006