Redmond, WA • email@example.com • www.meetguillermo.com
Professional with over eight years of experience in Information Technology. Looking for a position as a web developer where I can implement my solutions in a large enterprise. Have worked with major organizations, Visa, Rockwell Automation, and Northwestern University, doing responsive web app development for public and internal facing websites. Track record of delivering web solutions for businesses to address their sales, adoption, and usability needs.
Visual Studio Code, Git, GitHub, SourceTree, NPM, Postman
Node.js, Express, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint Online, Office365
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY – Evanston, IL Jul 2018 to Oct 2018
Angular Frontend Developer
Northwestern is one of the U.S.A.’s premier research universities, combining innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary, and diverse environment. Northwestern provides opportunities for intellectual, personal, and professional growth in two campuses located on Lake Michigan in the state of Illinois in Evanston, minutes north of Chicago, and a 25-acre campus in downtown Chicago. A third campus in Doha, Qatar was founded in 2008.
Worked as an Angular frontend developer for the Flipped-French project in the Weinberg College Media and Design Studio. I was responsible for developing the core features for an application which acts as adaptive courseware to help guide, teach, and test foreign-language learners of French. My job was to help organize the feature requirements and implement them using the Angular 6 framework.
● Led the development of a courseware application for students learning French.
● Worked closely with product management, design, and internal teams to understand needs and improve the student experience.
● Converted the features into User Stories to track in an Agile Kanban board hosted on GitHub.
● Implemented the features using Angular 6 code using TypeScript, versioned in Git and deployed to Netlify.
● Generated Unit Tests for all the code delivered to the engineering team.
● Improved the experience of the web app with animations and dynamic sound.
● Developed a seamless web experience that was clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking.
SABBATICAL – LIVING ABROAD IN EUROPE – Berlin, Germany Jan 2018 to Apr 2018
I lived in Germany learning about a different culture and people. I also used the time to develop myself professionally by strengthening my web developer skills, working on my professional brand, and expanding my network.
SOLSTICE CONSULTING – Chicago, IL Aug 2017 to Nov 2017
Technical Consultant – Front End
Solstice Consulting, LLC is a digital consulting group that is responsible for helping companies to innovate and improve their product offerings. They provide strategists and engineers to digitally transform businesses to help them stay ahead of the competition.
The Repairs project, in which I was the developer lead, involved adding a wizard feature to the eCommerce site of our client, Rockwell Automation. I was responsible for validating the UI requirements and web features that our strategists and UX designers agreed to with the client stakeholders. In addition, I was responsible to build the front-end, back-end, and keeping other developers and leads aware of the technical design and implementation aspects of the project.
● Led the development of a web wizard interface for Rockwell Automation allowing hundreds of customers to submit Repairs Quotes requests online in a responsive web application.
● Built System and Experience level APIs for Rockwell’s new eCommerce portal using MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
● Led the design and implementation of eCommerce MS SQL back-end leveraging .NET and Entity Framework.
● Performed frontend development using Angular 2+ for a large web application.
● Served as Tech Lead for 2 developers working out of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
● Participated in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
● Recommended best practices around source control, deployment, and issue tracking.
● Gained technical knowledge of software, hardware, and open source technology stacks.
VISA INC. – Austin, TX June 2013 to May 2017
Consultant converted to Sr. Software Engineer
Visa Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Foster City, California, United States. They are responsible for providing card payment services for major banks all around the world. Visa connects people every day through innovative payment solutions.
My main project while at Visa Inc. was leading and implementing the Global Compliance Tool project. Main responsibilities involved helping the client and stakeholders understand the problem and identify value outcomes of project deliverables. Lead and support Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Software Engineers through the development project. Realize and present dollar savings and revenue achieved an outcome of the project.
Sr Software Engineer
● Delivered a “Global Compliance Tool” web app developed in AngularJS for Visa’s Legal Risk team to streamline global compliance processes and open new revenue stream worth millions of dollars.
● Consolidated 4 compliance programs in multiple regions into one web app tracking tool with global access, reporting, and communication capabilities.
● Eliminated multiple manual processes for the global data security Risk team by automating them using AngularJS and SharePoint web features.
● Improved data accuracy in compliance and reporting output.
● Generated global bank reports which were previously unfeasible.
● Reduced global compliance reporting from days to hours generating hundreds of thousands of dollars in efficiency savings.
● Served as the Tech Lead for the continuous development of additional features to SharePoint web application.
● Led team of offshore and onshore developers to implement SharePoint web app project using AngularJS framework.
● Facilitated Agile project meetings as Scrum Master to gain consensus on requirements and feature prioritization.
● Able to work effectively as part of a team while independently prioritizing individual daily activities.
Sr. SharePoint Solutions Specialist (Consultant)
● Generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in efficiency savings by implementing an attestation solution using Nintex 2013 for JP Morgan Chase data for the Risk Management Team.
● Delivered web-based request forms for the Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) organization.
● Collaborated closely with Corporate Communications to enhance an Intranet Company Alert system.
● Generated estimates and executed development work for an online sign-up system for technology support.
● Provided 3rd level support for existing SharePoint sites delivered by the technology team.
● Prioritized and completed a conference booking system for One Market Center facility in San Francisco.
● Organized the fixes and testing of a CMS Admin automated workflow using Nintex 2013 in multiple work environments.
● Frequently shared lessons-learned and technical tips during group show-and-tell sessions.
● Worked effectively and independently to complete daily activities.
● Delivered a record management SharePoint solution for the Legal Department that replaced custom web application.
● Developed a request system for Citrix virtual desktops using custom Nintex 2013 workflows to automate provision process for the entire organization.
● Created executive blog template for migration of content from SharePoint 2010 to 2013 intranet.
● Implemented cost-saving process to track and validate wireless mobile device licenses with a custom solution on SharePoint 2013 for BYOD program.
● Designed and implemented web form questionnaire that tracked mobile development projects inside Visa.
● Designed and documented best-practices for internal solutions team.
● Wrote internal tips and tricks blog articles for power-users of SharePoint, Nintex, and InfoPath technologies.
● Generated support best practices and documentation for system maintenance.
KRAFT FOODS – Northfield, IL Jan 2010 to Sep 2012
Collaboration Solutions Specialist
Kraft Foods Inc. was an American multinational confectionery, food and beverage conglomerate. It marketed many brands in more than 170 countries. 12 of its brands annually earned more than $1 billion worldwide: Cadbury, Jacobs, Kraft, LU, Maxwell House, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Trident, Tang. In 2015, it merged with the Heinz company to become the Kraft Heinz Co.
As a Collaborations Solutions Specialist, I served the role of an internal consultant. This completely new position entailed that I work with multiple internal business units to provide web and portal solutions to improve collaboration and automation leveraging the Microsoft SharePoint platform. In addition, I also provided coaching, training, and technical support.
● Migrated Kraft Foods enterprise content to Microsoft SharePoint 2010 technology platform.
● Facilitated in the deployment of internal corporate Intranet to 78,000 employees.
● Eliminated paper forms used for server monitoring process in South Africa by converting them to InfoPath 2010 forms.
● Recognized by Microsoft in 2012 for implementing Corporate Intranet hosting on SharePoint 2010 platform.
● Delivered external partner site that generated $140,000 in reduced material costs and improved efficiency.
● Realized over $100,000 in cost and productivity savings in 2011 by leveraging existing collaboration technology.
● Designed and deployed hundreds of websites that drove best-in-class collaboration and sharing among enterprise business units.
● Educated internal and external employees/partners with the use of technology for productivity and collaboration.
● Facilitated large-scale technology training sessions in North America and Latin America, and Europe.
● Recognized by CEO Irene Rosenfeld and VP of Diversity James Norman for achieving high global employee participation in 2010 World Cup employee engagement program.
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY – Columbus, Ohio, USA
Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Science
- Angular Material
- Microsoft Azure
- SharePoint Online
- Visual Studio Code