UW: Computer Science and Software Engineering student looking for internship.
University of Washington Bothell (UWB) 2016-2019 (expected), GPA: 3.77
Computer Science and Software Engineering
Honorary member of Upsilon Pi Epsilon (inducted 2017)
– In a team setting designed and implemented Fantasy Football League – like application (Azure, SQL Server, .Net)
– Implemented parts of Unix-like operating system simulator called ThreadOS: shell, scheduler, thread synchronization, caching, and file system (Java, Linux)
– Designed and implemented a movie rental system in C++, using hash tables, factory design pattern, and keeping an inventory of inherited child media objects stored in a binary search tree (C++, Linux).
– Working in a team, wrote a technology-focused business plan with detailed design documentation
– Designed and implemented a bank system in (C++)
– Implemented and analyzed sorting algorithms, comparing their performance for operations on arrays of integers of growing sizes (C++)
Cascadia Community College 2015 – 2016, GPA: 4.0
– Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
– C#, Java
Bachelor’s degree in Communications (Public Relations)
Riga Stradins University – Riga, Latvia 2001 – 2005
– Gained communication skills necessary for an efficient and client-oriented process of public relations.
· Cascadia College / UWB – Bothell, USA
Introduced improvements to UWB ECSEL (Expanding Capacity for Special Education Leadership) web portal. Updated the existing portal, developed and tested new features for the portal. Used ASP.NET MVC, and learned to use GitHub in a team setting. Responsibilities included user testing.
Experience prior to 2010 in Riga, Latvia:
Project Manager in Literature and Writing Museum, Editor in TV24, Communications Coordinator in Soros Foundation – Latvia, Press Secretary in Secretariat of the Special Assignments Minister for Social Integration.
– Seattle Latvian Center, Seattle, USA (2014 – current)
– Kirkland Library, Kirkland, USA (2010)
– Lifelong AIDS Alliance, Seattle, USA (2010)
– Latvian Youth Movement “Tellus”, Riga, Latvia (2008 – 2010, Public Relations)
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio