As an engineer, I always used online tools to work on time consuming problems. With time, I grew an interest in web applications and decided to explore web development to enable me to build a variety of tools and applications. Since then, I went from no knowledge in web development to building full stack applications. In addition to the skills I learned, my background as an engineer and experience in problem solving enables me to develop intuitive, rich and smooth user-experience applications with a team having diverse backgrounds.
– Frameworks & Libraries: Node.js, Express.js, Socket.io, MongoDB, React.js, Angular 2, D3.js, jQuery, Knockout JS, Jasmine, Sass, Bootstrap
– Build tools and version control: Grunt, Git & GitHub
– Techniques: Responsive Web Design, Object Oriented Programming
– Galleria (https://amer-galleria.herokuapp.com/) (Jan 2017)
▪ Built a responsive full stack application with Express.JS and MongoDB where users can share images, YouTube videos and articles with each other.
▪ Authenticated users can view, like and explore added items (images, articles and videos) as well as explore other users’ pages.
– Book Vault (book-vault.herokuapp.com/) (Dec 2016)
▪ Built a responsive full stack book sharing application using Express.JS, MongoDB and Google Books API.
▪ Authenticated users can use Dashboard to search for books (powered by Google Books API) and add selected books to their vaults.
▪ Authenticated users can view books added by all users and send trading requests. The recipient of the request can approve or decline the trading request.
– D3 Global Surface Temperature Heat Maps (amashamdan.github.io/global-temperature/) (Sep 2016)
▪ Built a heat map showing the monthly global surface temperature from Jan-1753 to Sep-2015 using D3.js.
▪ Implemented tool-tip functionality where the user can red further information about a certain data point. Additionally, the user can switch back and forth between two different styles of the heat map.
– Roguelike Dungeon Crawler (amashamdan.github.io/rouglike/) (Jun 2016)
▪ Built the game Rouglike Dungeon Crawler using React.js and Sass.
▪ Generated and placed the rooms, tunnels and all game items in each dungeon randomly.
▪ Implemented “Lights off” and “Lights on” modes which enables the user to choose between two visibility modes.
– Neighborhood Map (amashamdan.github.io/p5-neighbourhood-map/) (Oct 2015)
▪ Built a responsive single page app implementing MVVM architectural pattern and AJAX to search for places of interest in a certain city.
▪ Built with Knockout JS framework and JS google maps, OpenWeather and NY Times APIs.
▪ Features included: City search, POI search, results filtering, NY Times feed, Weather information, info Windows.
– Full Stack Web Developer, Conference on Crimes Against Women Phase II (Jan 2017 – present)
▪ Addressing existing bugs and adding new features to the existing conference management system (Angular 2 and Node.js).
▪ Full front-end re-write using React.js.
– Consultant – Full Stack Web Developer, Drs4Me (Nov 2016 – present)
▪ Building a full-stack Beta version for Drs4Me.com, a startup developing a web application for online health care providers search and appointment scheduling.
– Assistant Professor, Al-Zaytoonah University, Jordan (Jun 2012 – Sep 2016)
▪ Teaching four Mechanical Engineering courses per semester and serving as an academic advisor for undergraduate students.
▪ Serving on Research, Curriculum, and Student Affairs committees in the Mechanical Engineering department.
▪ Full stack web development, Free Code Camp (Jan 2017)
▪ Front End Web Development, Udacity (Nov 2015)
▪ Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.87, Washington State University, Pullman WA (Dec 2011)
▪ B.S., Mechatronics Engineering, University of Jordan, Jordan (Feb 2006)
- Angular 2
- Git & GitHub
- Knockout JS
- Object Oriented Programming
- Responsive Web Design