Software Test Engineer
8370, 166th Ave NE, E113, Redmond, WA, 98052 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (425) 956 4280
Experienced software testing professional seeking Software Test Engineer / QA Engineer position, to return to the industry; can contribute immediately; learn and grow quickly.
Senior Software Engineer, Wipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, India. [Jun 2006 – Oct 2008]
Won 3 recognition awards in as many years at Wipro Pvt. Ltd.
Project Associate, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India. [Oct 2004 – May 2006]
System Engineer, Swasthik Computers, Chennai, India [Apr 2004 – Oct 2004]
Android App Development [Aug 2015 – Sep 2015]
Single- handedly designed, coded, tested and published a touch ready, HTML5 based, Toddler flashcard application using PhoneGap to the Google Play Store.
- Self-Started with no knowledge of phone or web development. Attended a few online courses to ramp up on basic HTML concepts and JQuery.
- Build an HTML5 app (HTML5, CSS, JQuery) for toddler flash cards with native touch and audio support. Extensible architecture to add new flashcard without touching the code.
- Setup a Google play developer account, converted the web app to a phone package using PhoneGap and published it to Google Play Store successfully.
- Senior Software Engineer, Wipro Technologies Pvt Ltd. [Jun 2006 – Oct 2008]
Received Sun Microsystem recognition award for my contribution. I worked on several projects in this role
- Primary Tester for 5 Sun Microsystem Client Applications: Sun Net Connect, Explorer, Configuration and Service Tracker, Standalone Shared Shell and Light Weight Availability Collection Tool
- Supporting owner of test for 2 applications: Automatic Service Request, Secure File Transport.
- My contributions to this projects in this position include:
- Involved from the kick-off meeting of the application till the release of the application to the production environment. Actively involved in internal review meetings and client meetings.
- Created Test plans and Test cases, reviewed them with the team, uploaded and maintained test them in TMT.
- Functionality testing for GUI, CLI and Web based applications, Regression testing, End to End testing and Compatibility testing on different platforms, boundary application testing, Load and Performance testing for applications.
- Application Deployment and setting up test environments.
- Reported and filed bugs using bug tracking tool ‘Bugster’. Communicated status report via email.
- Automated Regression Test cases for application using Shell Scripting.
Project Associate, Indian Institute of Technology Madras [Oct 2004- Jun 2006]
Started as a System Trainee and promoted to Project Associate. My contributions in this role include:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Apache Web Server, Sendmail email Servers and FTP server.
- Performing regular backups
- Email and FTP server user administration
- Installation of Linux & Windows OS in students and staff machines.
- Updating web page content using content management tool.
Took a break from my career to raise a family (due to my H4 immigration status [Dec 2008 – Aug 2015]
- During this period, consciously took efforts in touch with the technology and the industry:
- Helped create and maintained a WordPress based blog on Tamil language and Jainism 
- C# – Object Oriented Programming Language certification from NIIT Ltd. [Jan 2011]
- Attended several online courses including Python (Udacity), JQuery (CodeAcademy) Software Testing fundamentals (Microsoft Virtual Academy.) 
Received Employment Authorization Document to work in USA, on July 2015.
Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
Bharathidasan University, India [GPA: 82.24%]
Certified Mercury QTP 8.1 Product Specialist,
Certified Software Test Professional (STC Technologies)
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and Solaris
Tools: QTP, Bugster, TMT.