Mobile NFC Payments & TEE Mobile Device Security Rainmaker
Karl J. Weaver 魏卡爾
18014 – 171st Ave NE, Woodinville, WA 98072, USA
Mobile: +1-425-260-4378 | Email: email@example.com | Web: www.newporttechnologies.biz
MOBILE PAYMENTS AND EMBEDDED MOBILE DEVICE SECURITY OF SMARTPHONES/TABLET PCS
Specializing in Near Field Communications, Mobile payment solutions (Wallets), and TEE (Trusted Execution Environment) embedded mobile device security of Smartphones /Tablet PCs for the Chinese OEM/ODM ecosystem.
· Closed 70% of Smartphone OEM/ODM vendors for Design-in projects and adoption of Gemalto Contactless Mobile NFC (SWP) USIM card for NFC payment usage between 2008-2010 to Motorola China, Sony-Ericsson China, Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, TCL, Yulong, HTC, Acer, and many other vendors.
· Secured 4 NFC software stack and Tablet PC – DRM projects with HTC, AsusTek, Acer and (Chinese Payments vendor) worth 200K – 500K Euros, during 2010 – 2011 for Trusted Logic/Gemalto.
· Negotiated TEE (embedded Mobile device security) sales orders with Hi Silicon (Huawei) and Mediatek (Taiwan) silicon chip vendors, projected to generate 2-3 million dollar contracts in 2013.
· Secured three key M2M, Mobile NFC, Mobile Security, on-going projects worth 2-5 Million Euros with key Chinese MNOs (China Mobile/Unicom/Telecom), Banks(China Merchants Bank, China Union Pay), OEM Smartphone & Tablet PC vendors (AsusTek, HTC, Acer), negotiated with key senior executives.
Rivetz Corp – China Business Development Manager (Consulting Project) May-2015
Rivetz provides software development tools in the form of a Rivetz SDK to help make it simple for application developers to leverage built with hardware security (Trusted Execution Environment + ARM Trustzone) applied to payment, Identity & cloud service solutions.
Market intelligence gathering, presenting at May Smart Card/Mobile Security Panel Session, Shanghai, China, Market development trip in Taipei during June Computex Show, identified key ecosystem enablers to build TEE software developer community in Greater China.
InfoGard – Business Development Manager(Consulting Project) 2014-2015
InfoGard is the one stop shop for EMV Terminal Type, PCI PTS, and mPOS evaluations and allows customers to achieve security assurance and/or certification in North America.
Negotiated Test Lab requirements with China UnionPay for InfoGard’s CTO during January, 2015 Shanghai visit. Created Infogard Chinese Go to Market strategy and Chinese branding. Built relationships with key ecosystem players.
Gemalto China – OEM/ODM Mobile Device Business Development Manager 2008-2013
Leader in Digital Security, Smart card manufacturer, responsible for design-in to OEM/ODM Smartphone/Tablet PC manufacturers for Mobile (SWP) NFC USIM, also for Gemalto invested firms: Trusted Logic/Trustonic, BD/Sales Mgr., promoting to OEMs, silicon chip vendors, for mobile financial services/protection of mobile wallet pin codes to MNOs, Banks, financial organizations, 3rd party payment providers, mobile financial services, secondly promoted DRM client for device security, HD streaming video content protection on Smartphone &Tablet PCs, Smart TV, Set-Top box equipment; established Rainmaker role in ecosystem for Payments & Security.
· Negotiated TEE (embedded Mobile device security) Sales orders with silicon chip vendors, Hi Silicon (Huawei) & Mediatek (Taiwan) generating 3-5 million (euro) dollar contracts in 2013.
· Closed multiple DRM client orders with AsusTek , HTC and worth 650K Euro from 2011-2012
· Closed NFC software stack orders with China Handset OEM, Acer (Taiwan) for 200K Euros in 2010
· Built strategic relationships for content protection with top Smart TV silicon chip vendors (MediaTek & MStar) forged strategic accounts with Smart TV/STB vendors Haier, Hisense, TCL, Skyworth, Lenovo group, Changhong, China DRM Org., Intertrust, Verimatrix, Chinese ISPs Youku, Tudou.
· Negotiated with China UnionPay to specify TEE security requirements for NFC payment handset use cases for TSM (Trusted Service Manager) mobile payment network in 2013.
· Managed Gemalto Mobile Money Wallet DEMOs for Banks, OEMs, MNOs to promote wallet pin code protection.
INTRINSYC SOFTWARE INT’L, Mobile Devices, OEM Biz Dev Mgr, Bellevue, WA 2005-2008
· Secured first US$200K OEM project with Wistron (Bonus US$5K reward) for new Soleus-branded feature phone software platform based on Windows Embedded CE core kernel OS (Microsoft) targeted to Greater China handset OEMs, captured projects with ZTE, Amoi Mobile, Inventec, worth US$500K
MOTOROLA/FREESCALE SEMICONDUCTOR, Sr. Technical Marketing Mgr. Tempe, AZ 2004-2005
· Major Evangelist for Radio Frequency Products Division WMSG, promoted ISMLink, ZigBee, Bluetooth, WLAN, DVB-H, GPS, GSM/GPRS, EDGE, CDMA 1xRTT and WCDMA to OEM channels.
· Created marketing sales tools, go to market strategies, costing analysis, proposals tactics /plans generating 2-3 Million in Sales for Nintendo, Motorola, Sony-Ericsson, Siemens, and Apple client base.
LESZYNSKI GROUP, Smartphone/Tablet PCs Analyst, Woodinville, WA 2003-2004
· Generated US$300K software development projects for enterprises Apps on nationwide road show evangelizing WLAN/WWAN/Bluetooth wireless connectivity/mobility of Tablet PCs/Smartphones.
PROTURA WIRELESS (Half Moon Bay/Seattle Liaison Office) OEM/ODM Account Mgr. 2002-2003
Account/business development manager for Silicon Valley Handset (embedded) internal antenna company, managed Taiwan sales.
· Secured Toshiba (Arima Com,ODM-Taiwan) internal antenna, I-Mode project, for US$300K in sales.
· Established Taiwan sales agents closed six new, major OEM/ODM handset projects worth US$600K.
LEVITON VOICE & DATA DIVISION, Int’l Sales/Marketing Mgr. Bothell, WA 1999-2002
· Managed explosive 500% sales growth of Korean market in 2000 for Leviton cabling product line.
· Built market development programs to sales representatives to promote Leviton Cat. 5/6 jacks/fiber optic connector products in China, India, Korea, Japan, resulting in 3-5 million annual sales revenue.
· Key Accounts Manager for Corporate-partnership with Finolex Cables (Pune, India), managed bonded warehouse, 6-week nationwide product roadshow helped to generated 5 million new warehouse orders
ZETRON, INC., Asia-Pacific Sales Manager, Redmond, WA 1993-1998
· Increased Sales in NE and SE Asia, capturing projects for 6 million dollars from 1993-98.
· Closed top OEM account in India, managed Paging Terminal sales equip. $1.1 million 1997-1998.
· Increased by 25% sales of dispatch console/SCADA equipment in Southeast Asia.
· Secured SCADA projects in HK, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia and China worth 3-5 million dollars.
DIGICOM, INC., Export Sales Manager, Taipei, Taiwan 1985-1992
· Accomplished top Sales 1989 and 1990 of Computer Mainboards (US$3.5 & US$2.5 million), Voted Most improved employee 1987, 1991 set-up Holland sales office, captured US$10 million in new sales.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
SALVE REGINA UNIVERSITY, Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree, Business Management Newport, RI
NATIONAL TAIWAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY- MANDARIN TRAINING CENTER Taipei, Taiwan
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, Professional Certification of Wireless Communications Seattle, WA
- businss development
- mobile device bilingual in Mandarin Chinese Language