Business Growth Consultant | Strategist
JOHN G. BETTINGER
JohnBettinger@outlook.com | 425-829-5494 | linkedin.com/in/johnbettinger
BUSINESS GROWTH CONSULTANT & STRATEGIST
SAAS – STARTUPS – OPERATIONS
Highly skilled entrepreneur and business strategist with proven experience building companies in financial technology, eCommerce and legal services. Strong track record of consulting and leading cross functional teams to drive key strategic initiatives that produce results. Expert at vision planning and implementing operational models. Passionate about utilizing the power of human connection, innovation, and technology to solve business challenges.
• Strategy, Planning, & Execution
• Executive Communications
• New Business Development
• Business Growth Coaching
• Go-to-Market GTM Strategy
• Client – Partner Relationship Management
• Intellectual Property
• Program – Project Management
• Technology Licensing
Business Growth Consultant
CAVU Holdings, Kirkland, WA 2017 – present
Project based consultant work implementing solutions in operations, legal, coaching, and business development. Service delivery of strategy, intellectual property, organizational effectiveness, and team development.
• Business Development Advisor | Gain Share Group, Kirkland, WA. Set business development strategy for senior leadership, led content development, set key metrics for CRM, and established sales enablement programs for a Seattle-based real estate investment and renovation startup company. Launched a direct sales campaign which landed multiple investment projects forecasting a return of $8 million.
• Business Operations Consultant | TK Training, Enumclaw, WA. Established best practices for operations, management and revenue generation for a leading equestrian training center in the Northwest. Set KPI’s and built a sustainable growth framework that increased revenue by 150% and profits by 25%.
• Veteran’s Mentor | Bunker Labs, Seattle, WA. Ongoing expert counsel on business planning, GTM strategies, and operations modeling for a program designed to help Veteran entrepreneurs launch and grow their business.
• Legal Expert Witness (Multifactor Digital Authentication) |Uchikura & Co., Portland, OR. Testified as expert witness in IP Arbitration lawsuit. Presented critical panel guidance on IP theory, patent monetization, and developed financial models for a Two-Factor Authentication patent valuation that resulted in a $1.25 million economic damages award.
Program Manager | Business Development Manager | Partner Manager
SecureOne Corporation, Seattle, WA 2012 – 2017
General Manager of Intellectual Property for a SaaS mobile banking pioneer. Operated a $2 million annual P&L budget for company business development, patent monetization, and technology licensing programs. Managed legal teams and strategic partner relationships in the USA, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
• Defined IP strategy, created and executed the Go-to-Market Plan for a $60 million global patent licensing portfolio in authentication, mobile security, and financial technology
• Crafted and presented investor pitch decks and litigation funding proposals analyzing IP law, markets and news for stakeholders and investors, that raised $6 million in private equity
• Skilled mediator and trusted advisor for IP/commercial litigation in Federal Court; negotiated multiple, complex settlement agreements that saved over $600 thousand in legal fees
• Created and managed a global IP enforcement business plan, defined and documented channel strategy with global partners; managed teams of SMEs, and supervised 15 litigation projects that resulted in positive out of court settlements
Operations and Sales Director | Founder
Capital Research Group, Bothell, WA 2003 – 2012
Founded and built a B2B & B2C legal services agency in the research and recovery of US Treasury funds. Led a ten-person sales team that grew revenue from zero to $1.4 million in first 2 years of operation with total sales in 9 years of $7.5 million.
• Client Engagement Director – Established solid relationships with Fortune 100 clients including Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, SafeCo Insurance & AIG; maintained an impeccable 5-star client services satisfaction rating
• Designed and built a custom CRM solution and all sales enablement tools to manage prospecting and the sales pipeline and production flow; streamlined resources that reduced client project costs by 90%, with an annual savings of $200 thousand
• Defined requirements and created all internal process & procedures for business infrastructure including tools, IT, marketing, sales operations, training, policy, compliance, human resources; extensive workflow management & process improvement
Senior Account Executive | Channel – Partner Manager (concurrent with above position)
Generation Systems Inc., Issaquah, WA 2007 – 2009
Drove revenue for enterprise industrial maintenance software and engineering solutions provider. Managed RFP responses, lead generation, sales pipeline, forecasts and Go-to-Market plans for field, partners, and customers in USA and international markets.
• Grew software licensing sales 110% in 12 months; increased active client list by 55%
• Global Alliance Channel Manager for SKF, Castrol, Petro-Canada and partners in South Africa, Europe, India and Australia-NZ, Asia; achieved 50% growth, $11.3 million increase in international sales
Management Performance Consultant | Washington Research Trust, Redmond, WA 2002 – 2003
Director of Operations | 24/7 Media, Seattle, WA 2000 – 2002
Business Development Manager – Project Manager | Amazon.com, Seattle, WA 1999 – 2000
Technical Field Sales | Arrow Electronics, Bellevue, WA 1998 – 1999
Operations Director – Project Manager | United States Air Force (Military Veteran – Officer) 1987 – 1997
Master of Science M.S., International Relations, Troy State University, AL
Bachelor of Arts B.A., International Business – German, Washington State University, WA
• Graduate Leadership School – Performance Management
• Agile Methods – Solution Sales Training – MS Office – CRM – German Language
Master of Science M.S. at Troy University