www.built2gsd.com | github.com/kenxwagner | email@example.com | 509-572-0994
As a Software Engineer, I have gained a variety of experiences that help solve problems in all major areas of software development. Knowledge of the web, cloud, mobile, databases, best practices, and asking the right questions gives me a view of the big picture. Communicating with customers, coworkers, and project managers to create solutions and to contribute to a great work environment is a priority.
Languages: 12+ years: HTML & CSS.
5+ years: Android Java, SQL, CSS3, XML, and HTML5.
2+ years: C++, jQuery, React, and TypeScript.
1+ years: Handlebars, Ruby, PHP, and Python.
Frameworks: 8+ years: ASP.NET.
3+ years: Angular (1-6), Bootstrap, Node.
Web Services: 4+ years: REST, and JSON.
IDEs: Visual Studio, Atom, Android Studio, Notepad++.
Version Control: GitHub, Team Foundation Services, Bitbucket.
Cloud Services: 3 years: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB
Software Engineer/Owner, Built2GSD.com – Kennewick, WA Jan 2010-Present
Freelance work with Github and planning, designing, building, testing, and release. Web applications are built with ASP.NET Core, SQL, MEAN, Angular, Bootstrap, Node, and React. Secondary apps or components are built for practice in C++, jQuery, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
· MethodForTalent.com and UseTheTalent.com are written in React.
· Mentoring developers to help them gain experience and industry knowledge.
· Restructuring work flow for using AWS and Azure for deploying 2019 applications.
Contract Software Engineer, Holland America Cruise Lines – Seattle, WA Jan 2017 – Feb 2017
Worked on internal legacy Windows and Web applications with plans to replace them with newer technology.
· Built prototype using ASP.NET MVC 5, with plans to build using ASP.NET Core.
· Created wireframe model for asset management such as train cars, buses, and staff in Alaska.
· Tracked and debugged web app used for tracking tour directors and relocation information.
Contract Software Developer, Devfuzion – Kennewick, WA Sept 2016 – Nov 2016
Provided immediate solutions to Chukar.com, an e-commerce site using Magento CMS system. Wrote code and debugged full stack. Instituted rules for planning, designing, testing, and releasing changes to application.
· Managed, installed, and debugged extensions from 3rd party sources and provided options and changes in code to improve user experience design and improve usability.
Contract Software Developer, LiveTiles – Richland, WA April 2016-June 2016
Worked on the LiveTiles SharePoint add-on Web app, which behaves as a CMS and allows users to create custom internal websites with SharePoint. Development used ES6, TypeScript, Handlebars.js, Less CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery, and Node. RequireJS was used for loading of asynchronous module definitions (AMD).
· Integrated REST APIs for web components (tiles) using Facebook, Yammer, RSS, Twitter, and Delve.
Software Engineer, Cayuse Technologies (Accenture Partner) – Pendleton, OR May 2013-April 2016
This was a direct hire position with subcontracted work consisting of multiple and overlapping projects for Cayuse and clients such as AT&T, T-Mobile and JP Morgan Chase.
Cayuse Project: Data Insights Group, Sept 2015-April 2016
· Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) to create authentication, security policies, servers, SSH access, and databases like SQL and PostgreSQL for cloud data mining projects.
· Created Android weather application prototype for Marketing Department
T-Mobile: Analysis Dev Team, July 2015-Feb 2016
Performed development analysis for the switch from Amdocs to Ericsson for databases
· Wrote SQL code for data modeling and analysis of customer types from 25 million subscribers.
· Optimized SQL database queries 200-300% faster and enforced user friendly analysis documents.
Cayuse Project: Language Application, Mar 2015-April 2015
Created Android application for the Nez Perce Language and Umatilla Tribe’s culture.
JP Morgan Chase: Intl and Domestic Client Exit of OTP, Oct 2013-Mar 2015
Called Order-To-Pay (OTP), it was formerly the largest automated payment management system.
· Created requirements for and tested a Java automated testing tool for reading encrypted multi-gigabyte CSV files along with creating most of the test cases involved in its use.
· Remote assisted customers with financial data by providing a walk-through and data guides/maps.
· Led 10-person test team, analyzed their testing, and altered the testing to finish 30 days early.
JP Morgan Chase: OTP (Rel. 12.3/12.4), May 2013-Feb 2014
· Coded functional and UI testing of XML SOAP and Java APIs. Trained other team members.
Web Developer/Owner, Motormind Inc. Computer Services – Beaverton, OR June 2006-Jan 2010
Author, Skillshare.com June 2018-Present
Creating online video courses in React that require planning through publishing.
· Design course outline, expected time, edit videos, present for review, then publish online.
· A.A.S. Degree in Computer Science, Columbia Basin College – Pasco, WA
Major – Mechanical Engineering | Minor – Music, Washington State University – Pullman, W