Business Innovator and Analysis
Summary of Qualifications
A strategic thinker and effective communicator with experience in analysis of: volume data, every aspect of Web and mobile behavior, marketing, intelligence and business. Knowledge in merchandising, R&D, patents, grant writing, training, and process. Certified in Project and Change Management and capable of collaborating with cultural diverse teams in multi-industries, academia and government agencies to achieve objectives.
Quantitative and qualitative analysis, Process analysis and project management, Data synthesis from multiple sources SQL, MS Access, Excel, Ability to communicate complex analyses to a variety of audiences in both verbal and written format, Time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet timelines, Transform ambiguous situations/discussions into structured outcomes,
Quick learner of multiple data tools and environments Data mapping from multiple sources for KPIs Focus on trend analysis and the “drill down” of anomalies
Posture Wings, LLC – Mercer Island, WA 6/2007 – Present
OWNER – INVENTOR
• Determined the need and viability of a new product category, formed the company and attained a utility patent.
• Extensive research on the impact of poor biomechanics on a micro and macro perspective. From an individual’s quality of life to the economic impacts of productivity, absenteeism, healthcare costs (individual, corporate and government) and the effect on military troops and their healthcare costs.
• Forged partnerships with four different Universities (at no cost to Posture Wingstm) to write Grants and White Papers.
• Awarded an Entrepreneur grant for a bio-mechanic study on a flagship product targeted at a specific market segment to attain consumer feedback and scientific proof of concept.
• Analyzed and translated the research findings to evolve and enhance the product design.
• Created business and marketing plans with market segments, forecasting, pricing.
• Gained knowledge through leaders in the medical, textiles, apparel, and bra industries to become a revolutionary expert in posture biomechanics as it relates to apparel.
• Industry presenter and speaker on how poor body mechanics impact individuals, industries and government; and the current landscape of products and companies.
N Carolina State University, College of Textiles – Raleigh, NC 1/2013 – 5-2013
VISITING INSTRUCTIONAL SCHOLAR
• Co-taught a Product Development class (based on my utility patent) to educate design students of functional apparel.
• Conducted a study and analyzed results.
• Body Scanned test subjects with the TC2 machine to determine fit and sizing anomalies.
Peridot LLC – Bothell, WA 4/2005 – 4/2007
• Delivered non-biased statistical analysis for Executives for the 5th largest Website in the world.
• Assisted clients with strategy for measurements of success and helped to determine future optimization.
• Data mining in 20+ tools, in both in-house and standard industry tools such as Omniture, Webtrends, etc.
• Created metric reports for business decisions for multiple groups with a variety of goals.
Mary Fenske (continued) Page 2
Nokia Mobile Phones, Inc. – Irving, TX 5/1999 – 7/2002
BUSINESS AND PROCESS ANALYST
• Managed the team supporting the launch of new digital services from conceptual design to implementation.
• Developed and facilitated a Web site review board with the responsibility of evaluating all change requests to NokiaUSA.com.
• Assisted Marketing groups to define business and functional requirements to achieve their Internet goals.
• Managed projects to determine feasibility, timeline, and cost analysis for ROI determination.
• Acquired and documented business requirements to improve operational efficiencies. Designed and developed a custom change management tool in Microsoft Access to facilitate the modifications to NokiaUSA.com.
• Created the new reference guide of operation procedures in both MS Word and Visio for the benefit of the end users.
• Trained the department on the process of the new work-order tool. Results included 96% customer satisfaction in user acceptance testing and the Spot Manager Award.
• Analyzed customer service data, focus group information and performed competitive analysis to assist in strategic Web marketing plans. Communicated results and recommendations with Power Point presentations.
• Analyzed Web traffic data and load-time reports. Created a metrics package to communicate the results.
• Performed on going quality assurance testing.
• Project managed a change in vendor for rate plan information that is displayed on the Web site and viewed by thousands of visitors a day.
• Gathered, refined and managed the store locator and the Service Provider databases. The information was displayed on the Web site with thousands of viewers weekly.
Service Corporation International – Arlington, TX 8/1998 – 2/1999
OPERATIONS PROJECT MANAGER (Contract)
• Gathered raw data and merged it into one model in Excel to resolve $170,000 property cost calculation error.
• Reduced $75,000 in project costs in the restructuring of the operations department.
• Analyzed the business processes, developed the MS Access database to convert existing file system, resulting in increased accuracy and operational efficiencies.
• Project Managed and led a team in migrating to new processes including development of budget and timeline.
Marine Midland Automotive Financial Corporation – Bellevue, WA 2/1987 – 7/1989
AREA SALES MANAGER
• Increased volumes in new and existing markets of Oregon and southwest Washington territories.
• Called on Dealerships and performed competitive analysis to ensure that services remained current with the marketplace and customers’ needs.
• Organized and presented seminars on leasing and sales techniques.
Additional experience in multiple industries in roles
Education & Professional Development
3+ years of general college instruction and ongoing professional development through certification, classes and seminars, including:
• AMA Project Management Certified
• Nokia IM Project Management Certified
• Change Management Certified
• Database Development
• Managing and Administering NT 4.0
• AMA Business Writing
• Nokia Quality training
• Web Design & Telecom training
• Elected Board Member of Homeowners Association (2000 homes).
• Spearheaded a grassroots committee to establish a new Public Improvement District in a 2000 home residential development (TX).
• Voted Chairperson of Development and Social committees in Homeowners Association.
• Led fund raising for Homeowners Association and assorted sports and school initiatives.
• Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for children in Multnomah County, Oregon.