Seattle WA (US Citizen)
email@example.com | (425)244-0481
https://github.com/my828 | https://www.linkedin.com/in/minyang828/
Education University of Washington – Seattle Jan 2017-June 2019
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Informatics (GPA 3.6/4.0)
Coursework: Server-Side & Client-Side Web Development, Computer Programming, Data Structure and Algorithms
North Seattle College Sept2013-June2015
Degree: Associate of Business
Coursework: Business Management, Business Statistics, Accounting I & II
Internship Web Developer -SevenSpoons (World Food Travel Association) Jan2018-Jun2018
· Implemented backend services such as user authentication with JWT, page routing, and data flow.
· Designed front-end UI and code development on home and user pages.
Projects Lead Web Developer -ShareSpace (ReactJS, Firebase) Jan2019-Jun2019
· Worked with Seattle local organizations and advocates on leveraging current housing platform for women leaving domestic violence situation.
· Implemented full-stack code and managed data flow.
· Won the iCapstone 2019 Service Award out of 130+ capstone teams.
Skills: HTML, CSS, ReactJS, JSX, Material-UI, Firebase, RESTful API, Design, Start-up Environment
· Designed web architecture and developed full-stack collaborative drawing and coding environment using ReactJS, Go, Docker, and Redis. https://github.com/my828/DCode
· Designed and developed messaging web app by tracking user session and authentication using token, deploying to AWS, and connecting to MYSQL database using Go and Docker.
· Implemented channel and messages microservices using NodeJS and MongoDB.
· Stored, managed, and retrieved users’ IDs with Trie data structure.
Skills: ReactJS, NodeJS, AWS, Docker, Web Sockets, RabbitMQ, microservice, RESTful API
Class Work Data Structure & Algorithm (Java) Sep2018-Dec2018
· Practiced and implemented data structures such as doubled-linked list, hash table, and binary search tree.
· Implemented simple calculator algorithm with abstract syntax tree, TF-IDF ranking algorithm with sets, and dictionaries and PageRank algorithm with graphs.
Relational Database Management Systems (SQL) Jan2018-Mar2018
· Wrote query in SQL including stored procedures and check constraints for business rules.
· Handled simple error, backup, and recover data.
Experiences Element Leader – US Air Force (Training) San Antonio, TX Dec2015 -Jan2016
· Supervised and lead fellow trainees through day-to-day trainings.
Server -Boiling Point Seattle, WA Feb2013-Nov2015
· Maximized teamwork and efficiency by communicating between the customers, kitchen, servers, and manager.
· Handled and completed multiple tasks under stressful and fast-paced work environment.
Other Technical Skills: Python, Git, Github, HTML, CSS, ReactJS, AngularJS, TypeScript, NodeJS, MongoDB, Docker, SQL, MySQL, D3, Tableau
Soft Skills: Collaboration, Communication, Project Management, Team-Player, Curiosity, Fast-Learner, Resiliency
Languages: Chinese (Mandarin – Native) and English (Proficient – read/write/verbal).
Sept 2017 - June 2019
Bachelor of Science in Informatics at University of Washington