Project Manager and Documentation Expert
Project Manager & Documentation Expert
Master of Arts, Writing – Technical and Professional
Missouri State University, May 2018
Bachelor of Arts, Professional Writing, Cum Laude
Missouri State University, July 2015
Morgan Writes, Seattle, WA
Principal and Chief Content Creator, May 2017–Present
- Managed the writing, editing, and design of proposals and reports for Seattle-based data analytics company, including a bid for a $200,000 contract with the Kauffman Foundation.
- Devised fee structures and project timelines for ten-person staff using SmartSheet for multiple proposals.
- Organized client meetings, developed relationships, and managed content deliverables for a freelance business.
- Identified client needs and developed content-based solutions that fit within the required budget and time frame.
- Designed pitch decks, scripts, and accompanying documentation sets that have been successfully used in investor meetings and pitch competitions to secure funding.
H&R Block, Kansas City, MO
Project Manager, Contract, September 2017–April 2018
- Officiated the creation of instructional documentation for more than 20 business functions to be used in over 4,000 H&R Block franchise locations in the US and abroad.
- Facilitated meetings with cross-functional employees for Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation.
- Lead instructional sessions with target users to educate them on the features of the implemented application.
- Diagrammed existing business practices, diagnosed solutions for interrupters, and determined future state processes.
- Drove user testing with franchise owners and used feedback to identify defects and inform training needs.
- Designed Visio diagrams of over 50 franchise business processes based on whiteboard discussions, test user specifications, and user feedback.
Duck Creek Technologies – Accenture, Bolivar, MO
Technical Writing Analyst, July 2016–May 2017
- Established ownership of the Duck Creek Content Xchange through the management of incoming software packages and the addition of more than 30 new features.
- Aligned the release of internal and external user documentation with product releases for the Solution Center and two billing project teams using Agile methodology.
- Researched, developed, tested, and implemented advanced peer review processes for the communications team.
- Updated site UI design using HTML, CSS, and DekiScript.
HTML, CSS, DekiScript, and learning SQL.
- HP Application Lifestyle Management
- Adobe Captivate, RoboHelp, and Creative Suite
- MailChimp/Constant Contact
- TechSmith Camtasia
- Microsoft Access, Visio, and Office Suite
- Pivot Tables
Central Exchange: AHEAD Recipient, 2017-2018
Graduate Assistantship: Missouri State University, 2015-2017
Community Roles: Hope 22: Pro Bono Copywriter, 2017
- content creation
- document design
- Project Coordination
- project management
- Software Documentation
- Technical Writing