BI Data Analyst
7533 Sunnyside Ave. N.,
Seattle, WA 98103
Mobile: (206) 856-1414
To obtain a position with a respected company that will give me the opportunity to put my skills to work and provide me with job stability and advancement.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• BI/SQL Data Analyst and report developer.
• ETL/ SSIS Solution developer.
• Intermediate SSAS, MDX and basic Cube (OLAP) security.
• Intermediate SSRS and SharePoint reports design experience.
• Excel PowerPivot and formulas for reporting.
• Intermediate Web Analytics.
• Lead Analyst supervising the day-to-day operations in a NOC environment.
• Interviewing and training new hires.
• Project Lead for migration/Roll-out and IT support.
• Excellent communication skills and a team player.
• Quick adaptation to new and fast growing environments.
• Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Good understanding of VB and C# scripting.
07/14 – 09/15 Garden City Group Seattle, WA
BI Data Analyst
· Responsible for analysis, development, modification and implementation of major reporting services.
· Develop business application reports in a client/server and data warehouse environment using SQL, SSRS, Power Pivot, and Excel with SharePoint integration.
· Design and development of SQL scripts and queries to implement ETL processes using SSIS and other SQL tools to create reportable data from various types of data sources such as data warehouses, excel or flat files and Analytics APIs.
· Work closely with Business Stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into effective reporting solutions.
· Evaluate and prioritize Defect Reports and Change Requests.
· Create and/or update Requirement, Process, Design and Technical Documentation.
02/14 – 07/14 Harvey Nash Seattle, WA
This position was to help the Project Architect to design and structure the V3 version of the Bing Search financial reporting platform.
Help redefine the new parameters for Monetized searches and adds for Bing.com
Implement V3 requirements to the database, SSIS packages and SSAS cubes to accommodate the new design requirements and upgrades.
Make recommendations and apply changes to scripts or SQL server resources to improve performance.
Test code and work flow of the process from A to Z to make sure that all the moving parts are working as intended.
Validate reporting data against V2 to ensure reporting accuracy and a transparent transition.
Migrate the new Database and Solutions to production server.
02/13 – 01/14 ZONES Inc. Auburn, WA
BI Data Management Analyst
• Work with DBA team to ensure proper data management and archiving.
• Manage existing and develop new ETL (SSIS) solutions to establish solid data transformation methods.
• Fine-tune existing SQL scripts, Store Procedures and ETL solutions to improve system performance and system resource management.
• Manage existing and develop new SharePoint reports (SSRS) using SQL and SSAS data sources.
• Insure data integrity with proper data validation for data moving between enterprise data sources.
• Monitor overall data and develop solutions for existing data quality issues.
• Develop a framework and implement security policies for SSAS cube.
• Communicate with programming and BSA teams to provide details on the proper use of available data resources.
• Increase the internal consistency of data and resolve existing data quality issues.
• Create solutions to allow a relational/multi-dimensional OLAP environment to interact with existing OLTP database structures.
04/11 – 11/12 Society Consulting Seattle, WA
BI Data Analyst (Product Intel)
With Xbox Research & Marketing group
• Manage and maintain all reporting Databases.
• Recommend and deploy upgrades and enhancements.
• Administer all standard and ad-hoc PowerPivot reporting.
• Compile and process data source files from POS vendors.
• Define and implement standardized file formats.
• Validate then import data exceptions using MDS or SQL scripting.
• Research and complete missing metadata associated with new data.
• Investigate and review apparent anomalies in data and apply changes to reports or database.
• Create and enhance automated SQL jobs and SSIS packages.
• Facilitate communication with all cross-functional teams.
07/09 – 04/11 Siemens Inc. Seattle, WA
Senior Operation Analyst
With Xbox Operation Center (XOC)
• Monitor (using SCOM) Xbox live and ZUNE Production, Stress and Test environments in a 24/7/365 NOC (XOC) organization.
• Troubleshoot incidents and implement fixes to troubled servers/services as needed.
• Communicate and facilitate ongoing issues with engineering teams, partners and upper management.
• Train and mentor Tier1 and Tier2 Analysts.
- BI Solutions Developer
- Data Analyst
- SQL 2008/2012