Software Development Engineer
562-362-9174 | firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/nivashegde | https://github.com/nivashegde
M.S. – Computer Science May 2021
California State University – Long Beach, CA GPA 3.44/4.00
B.E. – Computer and Information Science July 2017
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Bangalore, India
Graduate Student Tech Assistant Oct 2019 – Present
California State University – Long Beach, CA
· Reduced incoming tickets by over 30% by automating manual tasks.
· Develop back-end part of applications for University – Python, Rest API, Microsoft Azure
· Automate daily tasks using scripts and software – Python Scripting, PowerShell, Jenkins
Software Development Engineer Sept 2017 – June 2019
Accenture – Bangalore, India
· Part of team which converted Disney’s Monolithic architecture to Microservices.
· Designed & built web services using Java Spring Boot, RESTful API, RabbitMQ & Redis integration deployed on AWS.
· Designed & built data processing systems using Spring Batch.
· Containerized and Deployed Microservices on AWS using Docker, EC2, ECS, Elasticcache, Lambda.
· Authored multiple technical architecture & reference architecture documents.
· Developed Java Libraries which eliminated re-writing 300+ lines of code in each Microservice.
· Developed Python Script for test automation – Reduced testing containers from 15min to 30sec.
· Mentored a team of 4-5 to get familiar with tech stack – Spring, AWS, Docker.
· CICD Pipeline – Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, AWS ECR – Pipeline to automate the build & deployment process of Golang application.
· Printer Toner Manager – Python – Script which hit all printers via SNMP, fetch toner details and notify when to order cartridges.
Helped save time in manually checking toner levels.
· Expense Tracker – Android – Application to track expense & provide insights about spending.
· Movie Manager – Spring boot, Netflix OSS – Application to demonstrate fault tolerance & resilience in Microservices.
· Languages: Java, Java8, Python, Shell scripting
· Frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring Batch
· Technologies: Microservices, Amazon Web Services (AWS), RESTful API, Distributed Systems, DevOps, Agile/Scrum
· Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Apache Kafka, Terraform, Netflix OSS, Consul, Git, Junit, Maven
· Database – MySQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
Aug 2019 - May 2021
Master of Science at California State University, Long Beach