Executive Management Consultant
FRANCISCO (FRANK) RAMIREZ
MBA + M-Arch
Greater Seattle Area, WA, USA
CUSTOMER FOCUSED TECH SAVVY BUSINESS LEADER
Product management and marketing of mobile, and cloud services in globally banded companies. Built and directed global teams that pioneered innovations which transformed the PC and Mobile industries.
Depth experience and skills span product management and marketing, including:
• Research: Market assessment, Audience segmentation
• Insights: ID Metrics, Data collection/ analyses/ reporting
• Strategy: Ideation, Business case author, CXO consensus mgmt.
• Development: Agile product mgmt., QA, UX/roadmap design
• Branding: Positioning, Messaging, LTV mktg., Pricing strategy
• Demand Generation: Social-Earned/Owned/Paid Media, PR &
AR, Trad/Digital, Prod. Mktg., SEM/ASM, DMP-CRM/ CCCM/
Marketing automation, A/B Experiments, Lifecycle Marketing
• GTM: Omni-channel, Affinity, Partner Mktg. & Business Dev.
• GM: Team building, P&L, Sales, M&A + Ops Management.
CONSULTING, ENTERPRISE AND ENTREPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCE
IQ2: Executive Partner & PowerMyData Venture Leader: Feb 2016-Present. Directed incubation of startups that use new technology to transform business models in mobile, banking, retail, online gaming, data brokerage & ad-tech industries. I am also venture leader for PowerMyData a co-creative data brokerage and direct marketing cloud service. Responsibilities:
* Research, strategy, product management leadership (Mobile-IOT/ Cloud? P2P)
* Marketing management oversight (Digital, Affinity)
* Fundraising (Crowd + Angel)
* Business development (OEM, Carrier, Banks)
PMD Consulting Services, Managing Partner: 2009- 2015, Trusted advisor to F100 companies in product: research,
strategy, new product management and marketing across Mobile, Cloud services, Big data, Insights, Mktg. mgmt…
• Trace3: Built core marketing & sales collateral for Global SI VM hybrid cloud device + services solutions portfolio.
• T-Mobile: Part of team of business solutions architects and VAS Strategy consultants defining the future Omni-channel solution to deliver a unique and consistently branded customer experience. Value delivered > $10M/yr.
• Microsoft: Help define strategy, authored PRD/roadmap to consolidate 4 enterprise CRM/RM platforms across (Windows devices, Xbox, Skype, Retail Store) LOB’s, est. increase in D2C margin > $100M/yr.
• Microsoft: Senior Director for Microsoft Store Research/Insights/ Measurement (B&M/Online): Redefined retail insights, reduced Opx $700K, drove $30M new services, converted a $2M cost into a $50M/yr. research service.
• WIPRO: Defined thought leader strategy and services roadmap for network operator practice segment.
• Microsoft: Designed a global business/marketing portal and scorecard to inform Windows executive management’s global partner investments and marketing decisions for Mobile OEM and Wireless Carriers.
• Microsoft: Authored the BRD/PRD for Microsoft Online Services Division’s Web Experience, ID Mgmt. & Personalization capability including platform strategy, and marketing requirements across its online services.
• Qualcomm: Served as the Director of CRM & Digital Marketing. I defined strategy, managed PRD/RFP, GTM for cloud marketing service delivered on time at 1/4th forecasted budget. I also designed/delivered online retail launch marketing across Amazon, BestBuy, J&R, RadioShack.
Feb 2016-Present, IQ2, IQ2: Executive Partner & PowerMyData Venture Leader: Feb 2016-Present. Directed incubation of startups that use new technology to transform business models in mobile, banking, retail, online gaming, data brokerage & ad-tech industries. I am also venture leader for PowerMyData a co-creative data brokerage and direct marketing cloud service.
2006-2008, KindCast Founder of Marketing Automation SaaS: Developed a closed loop cloud marketing automation/CRM service to redefine B2C customer engagement model to drive efficiency, revenue, CSAT.
2004-2006, MCI SVP Marketing/Sales/Product Mgmt. Mobile (SaaS), BPO services (US/UK/India): Business process outsourcing reduces operational costs. I defined strategy to transform business case for mobile IP relay services through BPO. I led marketing/sales/product management for a $130M global business. Value > $20M/yr. for BU.
2001-2004, 1st T-Mobile Director Mobile Computing and Broadband (Wi-Fi) services: Reported to SVP Marketing & CEO. Built the wireless data and broad band wireless services strategy, led GTM efforts. Pioneered flat rate wireless data plans and integration of unregulated spectrum solutions. Value > $2.1B/yr.
2000-2001, Qualcomm Office GM/Director of Product Management (Mobile Applications & Professional Services)
• Led agile product management/development and GTM of mobile enterprise solutions and professional services.
1994 -2000, Microsoft Senior Product Manager/ SME for Windows client/server secure mobile computing
• Led GTM efforts for directory enabled policy based networking to remake the cost structure of enterprise IT
1997-1998, Internet Explorer and Social Networking Application Services Platform Product Manager
• Authored BRD, led GTM effort for 1st Hybrid cloud services for secure remote network access to enterprise.
1994-1996, 1st Mobile and PC Gaming Product Manager for Windows
• Creator of the “X” experience brand for DrectX, Windows Xp, and ultimately Xbox
• Remade PC OEM business model by empowering OEM’s install of 3rd party software with Windows
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION IN BUSINESS – DESIGN – ENGINEERING
MBA, The University of Michigan Ross School of Business
o Full academic scholarship, School has superior rating (Top 10)
o New product marketing, finance, entrepreneurship
M-Arch, The University of Michigan Architecture & Urban Planning
o Design, Structural and Environmental Systems Engineering
o Awarded 1st prize graduate competition, project built by University
Bachelors of Science, The University of Michigan
Certification of Design, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
o Awarded 1st place in final design competition governed by an esteemed panel of globally renowned architects and urban planners
o Led UX testing for MIT based 3D CAD software development project
NETWORK & MISC
For insights on my accomplishments and peer- employee-partner references.
o 2000 + blog followers
Post Graduate Education:
o Executive Presentations (Microsoft)
o Team Management (Microsoft)
o Press Relations Management certification (Microsoft/ KCG)
o Executive Management Training (T-Mobile)
Industry and Employee Recognition:
o Recognized as most visionary wireless carrier (Gartner Magic Quadrant), and SME by Gartner
o Best Mobile Carrier Solution (Networld Interop)
o Manager of Year (MCI Employee Survey)
o Nominated for Best Manager of Year (Inc. Magazine)
o Standout Employee Performance Certificate (Microsoft)
o Partner of the year (Compaq Computer)
o First Place Graduate Competition, University of Michigan School of Architecture
o First Place Graduate Studio Competition, Harvard Graduate School of Design
o Placed in 98th percentile GMAT
o Full Academic Scholarship University of Michigan Ross School of Business (Top 10)
TOOL SKILLS EXPERIENCE
Productivity: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Aha, Slack…
Market Opportunity Analyses: Google Trends, Compete.com, Alexa, Quantcast, Jumpshot, Similar web
Product: Prototype, UX:Wordpress, Axure, Basalmic, MockPlus, Microsoft Visio, Adobe products, GIMP…
Customer insights: Google Analytics, FB Domain Insights, Confirmit, Claraview, Survery Monkey, Radian6 SMM, Smart Survey, Qualtrics, Omniture, Radian6 SMM, Power BI
Product Development: Sharepoint, Aha, Atlassian-Jira, Confluence, Slack
Demand Generation: FB Ads, Google AdWords, Twitter ads, Amazon Display Ads, Constant Contact, Salesforce-Radian5
Business case development & Sales Management: Microsoft Excel, Salesforce.com
Customers Experience Measurement & Management: Foresee, Adobe Site Catalyst, Optimizely (A/B test). Some exposure to: Crazyegg, Mix Panel, Adobe AEM-6, Adobe Creative Cloud
Lifecycle/ Relationship Management-CRM SAP-CRM + Open Text DAM, Epiphany, Infor, NetSuite, Salesforce, Oracle Eloqua
FOR ILLUSTRATIVE CASE STUDIES THAT PROVIDE A DETAILED PICTURE OF FRANK’S MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE AND VALUE CREATION CAPABILITY PLEASE EMAIL FRANKXR@GMAIL.COM
- Brand Marketing
- Business Development
- Channel marketing
- Contractual Negotiation
- Corporate Strategy
- General mangment
- Insights Development
- Market Research
- Marketing Mangement
- Operations Management
- Partner Management
- Product Development
- Product Marketing
- Product Strategy
- Sales Managment
- Team building