GARY SCHMIDT RESUME
Objective To work for a fast-paced and aggressive company in the software/technology/mobile/advertising space. Seeking a senior executive role to lead a sales and/or business development team where I would be responsible for driving top-line revenue growth, developing and mentoring a team that exceeds all key performance indicators.
· A history of exceeding both personal and team sales and business development goals and quotas;
· Experience in sales/business development practices that manage and facilitate the lifecycle of the overall sale process across various revenue models (subscription, SaaS, licensing, advertising, etc.);
· I have developed management skills in all areas of the strategic sales process; new business generation (prospecting), qualification, senior-level contract negotiation including contract T’s & C’s;
· Expert in mobile technologies with a recent focus on software platforms in M2M/IoT and commerce;
· I have forged recent partnerships with Microsoft, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint;
· Proficient in Cloud based technologies which include but not limited to Azure, AWS and enterprise storage;
· Digital media and technology expertise including movies, TV, music, mobile, advertising, entertainment, gaming, sports, apps, SEO, social media, mobile applications, enterprise, storage, real estate technology and other related digital assets with major content owners;
· Management experience including but not limited to sales, management, strategic partnerships/selling; operations, planning, financials, software development, mobile applications, capital raising;
· I have built and maintained relationships with key corporate decision-makers, establishing large-volume, high-profit accounts with excellent levels of retention and loyalty.
SVP of Sales, Marketing and Business Development | Managing Director, OmniM2M, LLC (December 2013 – Current)
OmniM2M offers an end-to-end solution in the M2M/IoT space. Proprietary software platform that manages any M2M/IoT device into a seamless enterprise dashboard (M2M/IoT as a Service (MaaS)). OmniM2M’s unique device independent software stack allows tremendous flexibility with hardware devices and integrating with mission critical enterprise software stacks.
· As part of the founding team, creating the best user experience is essential. The second is creating a scalable platform that will allow the business to grow in an automated fashion.
· With start-up revenues steadily growing at 100% month after month, under my leadership, the company has been breaking new ground in the M2M/IoT industry creating new and innovative products, services and storage models. Have grown revenues over $3M YTD with a run rate of $5M in less than twelve months.
· Responsible for building the sales force from zero to ten inside reps and five outside reps.
· Trained inside reps to prospect and pitch a SaaS solution to various industries ranging from Wireless companies, fuel companies like BP, pest control companies to large refrigeration companies Costco.
· I personally have hired, trained and lead sales and marketing for the organization resulting our teams gaining significant market share with customers like Microsoft, Red Robin, Nordstrom, Boeing, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Pactera, BP and NASA to name a few.
· Manage a team of seven developers both on and offshore specializing it software development and mobile applications for the IoT/M2M space.
Co-founder, Spot-on, Inc. (November 2011 – October 2013)
Spot-on Connect is an easy to install IDX plugin that gives real estate websites full MLS search, lead generation and drip marketing. The product offers SEO friendly, mobile optimized and integrated into social platforms like Facebook and Pinterest. Listings can be shared across social networks and set to blog as they come on the market. Exited company making 5x on investment including revenues of $1.2M in the first twelve months of shipping product.
· As part of the founding team, it was essential to design a mobile platform from the ground up. We began operations with a scalable blogging platform, WordPress, which is utilized by millions of top brands and influencers in real estate.
· Managed a team of eight developers, developed all revenue models, sales and marketing plans and executed an accelerated sales plan that was at 530% upon exit.
· Personally responsible for the sale and marketing outreach that grew the business to over a thousand customers in an eight month period which included over 60 MLS in the USA and two foreign markets through social media and industry blogging.
· In October 2013, the company was sold to a private company looking to adapt and replace their existing technology with a more scalable mobile platform returning over 10x to investors.
Co-founder & CEO, AirCloud, Inc. (December 2009 – April 2013)
A mobile services company focused on mobile messaging, content acquisition, content management, content programming and mobile strategy utilizing a proprietary fee based mobile platforms. Upon exit, the company revenues increased 100x per month and the company was at a run rate of $8M giving investors a 12x return.
· Company successfully launched mobile content platform at the following clients: Rockwell Collins, OTG Management, Siemens and Boingo. Managed business development, sales, account management, IT, development, marketing, content acquisition, payment and programming.
· Lead team that signed and maintained key customers such as Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile and Alcatel Lucent on the mobile side of the business. Primarily focused on the sales, business development and product sides of the business in product categories such as media, payment, mobile messaging, consumer and enterprise based products.
· Led strategic planning and resource allocation, established operational processes/process improvement, managed strategy implementation, in particular regarding budgets and timelines, set operational and or performance goals for each department which were aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals.
Managing Director, Wescom Capital, Inc. (December 2004 – December 2009)
Wescom Capital is a boutique Investment Bank and Consulting firm managing and overseeing over $50,000,000 in assets. All business development and sales reported to me and grew 2x year over year.
· Managed the structuring of strategic partnerships, joint venture and alliance relationships and focused on the company’s business development pipeline for partner network.
· Provided funding and strategic management, M&A consulting services to emerging growth companies. Worked on capital raising and management structure for midsized and late stage companies. Successfully funded companies such as Creator Republic, Kurve Technologies, SwipePay Mobile, CPSI, EMIT Technologies, Loudeye, and Marchex.
Vice President of Sales & Business Development, Activate.net/Loudeye (September 2002–November 2004)
Loudeye pioneered the digital media convergence from music samples on the internet to being a “Seventh Label” aggregator for companies such as Microsoft, iTunes and many mobile music stores. Sold to Nokia in August 2006.
· Managed a team of six outside sales reps each with $1m + quarterly quota (licensing model), growing sales from $1.5MM to $5.3MM in a two-year period that included the high-tech bubble challenges. Duties included running my own book of business, as well as forecasting to senior management, sales compensation, marketing, health benefits and other daily managerial duties.
· Clients included AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Universal, Sony, Disney, ESPN major record labels — negotiated contracts for distribution of music and movies over the Internet in a private-label model. Forged strategic partnerships on the enterprise side with firms such as Microsoft to become a preferred partner as well as deploy Windows Media as the core technology behind the Loudeye music and media offering.
· Negotiated private-labeled partnerships with AT&T and well-known portals interested in having a media presence and which specifically had to be launched using Microsoft Windows Media technology and integrated mobile messaging platform. Negotiated and closed the largest seven-figure deal in Loudeye history.
Sr. Sales Director of Channel Sales, Activate.net/Loudeye (January 2000–September 2002)
Activate.net was a worldwide webcasting company that enabled business to move multimedia formats such as CD’s and DVD’s to the internet. Loudeye acquired Acivate.net in January of 2002.
· Developed and successfully launched a highly-profitable carrier channel program within the sales organization to re-sell streaming services to its current and prospective end-users.
· Managed over twenty sales and ten event managers who produced over $8 million in annualized revenue, which was 50% of the company’s total revenue. Closed and managed customers such as Microsoft, Boeing, AT&T, Sprint, WorldCom, Genesys Conferencing, InterCall, Global Crossing, Exodus, Nortel and ABC.
Sr. Account Manager, Enterprise Communications, Activate.net (November 1999-January 2000)
· Directed the sales, marketing, training, and corporate communication strategies within major accounts such as Nortel, AT&T, Microsoft Corp., Boeing, Deere & Co., Go2Net, Infospace and Sprint. Exceeded $2M annual sales quota through new business generation and revenue growth of existing F1000 enterprise accounts. Top producer in exceeding quota (310% quota attainment).
Sales Manager/Major Account Executive, QWEST Communications Inc. (November 1998–September 1999)
· Managed sixteen sales and sales engineers representatives that sold and implemented complex networking solutions for customers spending more than ten thousand dollars per month on telecommunication services. Had a monthly team quota of $1M in new business. Sales team performance was 510% above quota. Promoted from Major Account Executive in February 1999.
· Qwest worked very closely and partnered with Microsoft, KPMG, Cisco, Nortel and other hardware providers to provide a seamless solution across all applicable hardware, software and data needs.
· Awarded to sales manager for Western region.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – Currently serving on the following boards
Creator Republic, 2013-current (www.creatorrepublic.com)
Creator Republic is the place to discover and connect to web creators, big and small. A Solution for Social Brands. Turn a typical promotion into a socially-driven entertainment experience and let your best customers do the selling. Everyone loves a talent competition. Creator Republic engage “Brand Fans”, potential customers and targeted Influencers in a video-based site, which rewards your customers. Creator Republic is a place for who and what is awesome online.
Gratafy, (Board Advisor) 2013-current (www.gratafy.com)
Gratafy is the gifting platform that lets consumers instantly treat friends to their city’s best food & drink.
Wesscom Capital, Inc., 2013-current Wescom Capital, Inc. 2005-current (www.wescomcapital.com)
Wescom Capital is a boutique Investment Bank and Consulting firm managing and overseeing over $50,000,000 in assets.
Washington State University, BA in Management/Marketing, Business Administration (Full Academic Scholarship)
American College in London, London, United Kingdom, International Business
CRM, CTXS, IBM, HP, MSFT, ORCL, QSFT, VMW
· Actively involved with Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Seattle Chapter
· Member of the Seattle Tennis Club
· Actively involved with Seattle SCORES
· Treasurer, St. Joseph Parish Seattle
- Business Development
- Customer Support
- Inside Sales
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org