An intensive five-month coding bootcamp where I built web applications in a variety of languages and frameworks, all while practicing pair-programming.
Portland Code School — Web Foundations Series, 2015
University of California, Los Angeles — B.A., English, 2010
Shift Leader, Extracto Coffee Roasters; Portland, OR — 3/2014 – 1/2016
Served specialty pour over and espresso coffee beverages.
• Greatly improved pour over coffee and customer satisfaction through prompting acquisition and use of a refractometer, a scientific device to test coffee strength.
• Attended cupping sessions biweekly, expanding palette vocabulary immensely and learning how to professionally taste and rate coffees.
• Promoted to shift leader.
Barista, Kobos Coffee; Portland, OR — 4/2013 – 3/2014
Prepared a wide variety of coffee and tea beverages for customers and worked as a cashier.
• Learned to work well during rush hours, making drinks quickly without compromising quality.
• Became proficient with latte art, perfecting rosettas and hearts.
• Created many loyal and repeat customers by establishing good rapport.
Film Technician, DVD Your Memories; Los Angeles, CA — 3/2011 – 10/2012
Worked one-on-one with customers to help them digitize their analog media.
• Won best in sales and customer service awards out of the entire company.
• Awarded many positive Yelp reviews, gaining praise from the company’s CEO.
• Dramatically increased my capabilities with media-related hardware and software.
Annie Allen, Manager, Extracto Coffee Roasters
Celeste Brady, Owner, Extracto Coffee Roasters
Brian Elwell, Manager, DVD Your Memories
01/16 - 06/16
JavScript, PHP, Drupal at Epicodus
Web Foundations Series at Portland Code School
Learned the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, jQuery and GitHub.
B.A., English at University of California, Los Angeles
To contact this candidate email email@example.com