An intensive five-month coding bootcamp where I built web applications in a variety of languages and frameworks, all while practicing pair-programming.
Portland Code School — Web Foundations Series, 2015
University of California, Los Angeles — B.A., English, 2010
Shift Leader, Extracto Coffee Roasters; Portland, OR — 3/2014 – 1/2016
Served specialty pour over and espresso coffee beverages.
• Greatly improved pour over coffee and customer satisfaction through prompting acquisition and use of a refractometer, a scientific device to test coffee strength.
• Attended cupping sessions biweekly, expanding palette vocabulary immensely and learning how to professionally taste and rate coffees.
• Promoted to shift leader.
Barista, Kobos Coffee; Portland, OR — 4/2013 – 3/2014
Prepared a wide variety of coffee and tea beverages for customers and worked as a cashier.
• Learned to work well during rush hours, making drinks quickly without compromising quality.
• Became proficient with latte art, perfecting rosettas and hearts.
• Created many loyal and repeat customers by establishing good rapport.
Film Technician, DVD Your Memories; Los Angeles, CA — 3/2011 – 10/2012
Worked one-on-one with customers to help them digitize their analog media.
• Won best in sales and customer service awards out of the entire company.
• Awarded many positive Yelp reviews, gaining praise from the company’s CEO.
• Dramatically increased my capabilities with media-related hardware and software.
Annie Allen, Manager, Extracto Coffee Roasters
Celeste Brady, Owner, Extracto Coffee Roasters
Brian Elwell, Manager, DVD Your Memories
01/16 - 06/16
JavScript, PHP, Drupal at Epicodus
Web Foundations Series at Portland Code School
Learned the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, jQuery and GitHub.
B.A., English at University of California, Los Angeles