Computer Science Graduate Student
SUMMARY Accomplished engineer recently graduated with masters in computer science. Proven work ethic, product-level results, and excellence in technical work. Quick study and life-long learner passionate about creating technology that makes life better.
Internet: Django, .NET Core, Apache Tomcat, RESTEasy (JAX-RS), jQuery, AJAX
Systems: Windows, iOS, Linux, Oracle VM VirtualBox
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Hadoop, PIG
Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Xcode, Git, JIRA, Trello, JUnit , Maven
EDUCATION University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
M.S. in Computer Science, May 2017
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, July 2011
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, May 2007, Magna Cum Laude
iOS, XCode, Swift 3, Google Admob
· Fast paced game involving words, pictures, and colors requiring quick pattern recognition and decision making.
· Worked with graphic designer to create a first-class user interface for full range of iOS devices using custom View Controller transitions, custom Animations, Interface Builder, Auto Layout, as well as programmatic customizations of visible elements as needed.
· Created a game engine that develops new levels that become randomly more difficult through increasing probability distributions.
· Incorporated in-game advertisement through Google Admob rewarded video ads
· Achieved data persistence through NSCoding.
· Will be released to Apple App Store in 4Q 2017.
IntelliJ IDEA, Java, Apache TomCat, RESTEasy, JAX-RS, JAXB, PostgreSQL, Maven, JUnit
· Created a RESTful API that returns a resource as XML using JAX-RS and Java Servlet 3.X.
· Built REST client that builds upon API to return additional API functionality.
· Utilized JAXB to marshal and unmarshal java class objects and used PostgreSQL to persist data.
Video Compression Simulation
Eclipse, Java, java.awt
· Created a program to simulate video compression using the Discrete Cosine Transform (used in JPEG and H.264 video coding standard) and java.awt.image package.
· Foreground and background areas of each frame are inferred using calculated motion vectors from the original video and then the background and foreground can be compressed at desired levels.
· Included an option for gaze control simulated by the mouse pointer to have no compression around active viewing area using java.awt event listening and mouse info.
EXPERIENCE The Boeing Company, Renton, WA
Project Engineer (Level 3), 2006-2016
· Extensive experience successfully managing difficult aerospace engineering projects including requirements gathering from customers, requirements validation, risk and opportunity management, validating compliance to federal regulations, and leading vendor and internal support teams towards project goals within critical deadlines.
· Created application to automate 737 cabin interior engineering configuration and 2D and 3D drawing definition. The application decreased the job’s required man-hours by an order of magnitude while increasing quality through standard work and error checking.
· Developed 3D Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) script that takes raw data provided by external vendor and transforms it into a format used to meet federal requirements.
· Created dashboard application used to report project status to management. This tool automatically gathered data from multiple disparate external intranet sources to produce an integrated feed.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills (exceeds expectations every year in annual reviews).