Wright T. Arnold
4060 212th Way SE * Sammamish, WA 98075 * (206) 660-4074 * email@example.com
Business Development, Solution / “Co-develop” Sales, Executive Customer Success
IoT, Industry 4.0, SaaS – Telecom, Transportation, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Retail
To leverage my experience and skills for growth and go-to-market execution
Excellence in value based: strategy execution, sales partnership development, whole-customer experience, professional services, software “co-develop” solution sales and building and leading high-performance teams
· Critical business development skills: 1) value definition aligned with strategic goals; 2) market specificity and development; 3) value-based sales.
· “Co-develop” and solution sales for connected assets, Industry 4.0, Smart Manufacturing, IoT in the automotive, manufacturing, aerospace sectors.
· Start-up Partner: data driven road-mapping, channel development and management, VC engagement.
· High-performing team development through direct management, mentoring to deliver exceptional results in extremely demanding environments to meet near impossible customer expectations.
Methodologies and Technologies
Frameworks and Methodologies
· Customer Success
· Partner development and management
· Vendor Management
· Management Consulting
· Sales strategy & operations
· High Performance Team Building
· BPM-Business Process Mngt
· Project/Product Management (PMI-PMP): Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Hybrid, Professional Scrum Master
· Productivity: MS Project (expert), Excel (expert), Office (expert), much more
· SalesForce, Tableau
· Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Trello)
· HP Project and Portfolio Management Suite
· HP Test Director
· Many others
· IoT, connected assets, security,
· AI, ML best practices concepts
· Microsoft sphere
· Mobility: LTE, EPC (Evolved Packet Core), PCRF, 4G, 3G GSM (UMTS), Small Cell, RAN
· OS: PC, Mac, Linux
· Big Data: Hadoop (self-education)
Driving Customer Success: Repeat account rescuer, fixer and builder. Driving customer value-experience alignment with product, engineering, marketing, and sales.
Business Development and Sales: Driving go-to-market strategies for new products and services; proven success time and again in turning ailing accounts into successful ones through patience, strategic communications and development of pragmatic, deliberate strategy execution.
Operations and Program Leadership: Forward-thinking operational development enabling fast-growth companies to support higher customer volumes based on a decade of certified program leadership (PMP).
Business Solutions: Operations process development start-up to enterprise level, interdepartmental alignment, vendor partner management, and best-practices project management subject matter expert.
Leadership Management: Strength in developing, coaching, mentoring, and managing competitive high-performing teams on philosophy founded on best practices and objective metrics and that nurtures excellence through creativity and focus on people and their ideas and results. Philosophy stems from extensive experience in high-performance athletics.
WTA & Company August 2015 – June 2020
Business Development Consultant
Industry 4.0 startup (Jan. 2020-Jun. 2020): Partnership ecosystem development for young Industry 4.0 startup
· Developed sales partner strategy focused on value and strategic alignment saving company over $500k, accelerating go-to-market efforts by 6 mos. to 1 year vs. building in-house sales team with near zero risk.
· Established SaaS tiered pricing modeled after industry best practices that incentivized volume purchasing and aligned with partner sales operations.
· Created and negotiated partner contracts supporting a fast-growth strategy towards venture funding.
Retail flash-sale liquidator (Aug. 2015-Feb. 2017): Strategic business and technology advisor and partner
· Advised on data-driven business strategy to reach startup’s aggressive yearly goal of 200% growth.
· Developed partnerships with established and new-comer online value sales channels against company strategy of fast growth.
· Authored business plan attracting top VC attention.
BSQUARE, INC., Bellevue, WA March 2017 – December 2019
Director B2B Solution Sales; Client Services / Customer Success
Leadership: Negotiated critical contracts with key account to secure multi-year partnership. Part of team developing complete commercial re-negotiation. Rapid response to changing leadership and market strategies, leadership for critical account, internal product educator.
SME: Among top division seller. Connected technologies (“IoT”) in automotive, trucking and manufacturing industries.
· Generated over $2M in single-year sales (among top in division) and secured long-term contract for ailing account solidifying next phase of client/provider partnership.
· Drove pipeline growth nearly ten-fold through conference attendance and personal network.
· Became go-to internal consultant to account team and other account junior team members by leveraging industry knowledge and past program leadership experience.
CISCO SYSTEMS, INC. Advanced Services, Seattle, WA January 2012 – August 2015
Program Manager, AT&T Labs
Leadership: Management Consulting of critical tier-one professional services customer. Development of program strategy and process aligning to customer’s expectations. Managed team of 5-7 responsible for the delivery of over $30MM of services to a $111B company’s premier services account (ATT).
SME: customer stakeholder management, program resource management and financial best practices
· Supported Corp Dev team in developing Cisco’s 2016 IoT strategy for verticals including Smart City, Industry and Gas & Energy.
· Conceived and developed 3-year strategy to resolve client’s top concerns: established continuity and improved value perception. Execution involved team education as well as selling new approach to client.
· Managed and maintained corporate compliance for Cost and Revenue forecasts for dozens of projects leveraging available systems and knowledge: Excel, Tableau and SalesForce.
Jan. 2010 – Dec. 2011
AT&T MOBILITY, National Program Management Office, Seattle, WA May 2007 – March 2009
Sr. Project Manager, Network Technology and Engineering
Leadership: Successfully led end-to-end project initiation, planning, execution, and closing phases of $2M to $10M international roaming and regulatory adherence projects with 5-year NPVs (net present values) of up to and over $120M.
SME: Project management best practices.
· Managed scope, schedule, risk, and budget through design, development, and testing of multi-million-dollar FCC mandated regulatory projects critical to the deployment of AT&Ts “4G” network (LTE, Long Term Evolution) requiring collaboration, cross-team communication, and Sr. VP reporting.
NATIONWIDE INSURANCE, Seattle, WA Sept. 2009 – Dec. 2009
Sr. BPM Management Consultant
Leadership: Process mapping facilitator and BPM Consultant.
SME: Create process maps using Lombardi BPM software.
· Consulted on capture, mapping and analysis of enterprise groups’ current and future state business process requirements. Focus: cycle shortening, bottlenecks, pain points, communication gaps.
Various experience at: [Specifics upon request] March 2005 – May 2007
AT&T MOBILITY (Formerly CINGULAR), National PMO, Seattle, WA
Sr. Project Manager
CITY OF SEATTLE, Department of Information Technology
Product Manager / Business Analyst
WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK, Seattle, WA
Product Analyst, Customer Communications
WTA ROWING & FITNESS, INC., Seattle, WA Jan. 2001 – March 2005
Built up a professional services business geared to athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and athletic institutions.
AMAZON.COM, Seattle, WA Jan. 1999 – June 2000
Catalog Data Specialist
Education: BM (Music Composition) USC, a national Top 5 conservatory. Honors.
Volunteerism: Director of Partnerships, Kossev Consortium (non-profit)
Accreditation: Coursera: Strategic Management by Copenhagen Business School; PMP (6 years), Professional Scrum Master
Interests: Family; nationally competitive elite rower; Music (conservatory trained composer, performances in LA and Seattle); skiing.
Other Technologies and Expertise: Video motion analysis systems and other human performance analysis tools, professional audio sequencing, recording and music-to-video applications.
- Business Development
- customer success leader
- industrial technology
- Program Management
- solution sales