Masters Student (Computer Science) |Account Manager @ ON Semiconductor
(206) 331-2702 | firstname.lastname@example.org
www.zacharyburrows.net | www.linkedin.com/in/zburrows
Georgia Institute of Technology | Part Time Online Jan 2017 – Dec 2020
Master of Science in Computer Science
Eastern Washington University | Cheney, WA Class of 2015 | Magna Cum Laude
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Minor in Computer Science
● Languages/Technologies (Adept)
Java, Python, C, Bash
● Languages/Technologies (Familiar)
REST APIs, Distributed Systems, Message Queues
ON Semiconductor | Account Manager & Distribution Sales Manager | Seattle, WA June 2017 –
Moved to Seattle to be close to wife’s family, accepted offer as youngest salesperson in Americas for $6B semiconductor
company with 30k+ employees.
● Managed Seattle distribution sales – included management of three distribution branches. Each branch
having 3-4 employees representing ON Semiconductor products.
● Developed excellent customer-facing verbal and written communications skills as primary point of
contact for our largest customers in Seattle while overseeing $30M worth of ON Semiconductor sales.
Itron Incorporated | Software Engineer | Liberty Lake, WA May 2016 – June 2017
Itron is a $2B technology company in the utility space with 10k+ employees. Owned a project to develop and deliver a fully
functional IoT test network to one of Itron’s largest customers. Network included dual mesh networks, multi-point cellular
backhaul to three cloud systems, and electric/water/gas meters and proof-of-concept IoT devices.
● Wrote custom C and Python/Bash code for Linux-based and embedded IoT devices to send/receive data
from light sensors, methane sensors, streetlight controllers, electric meters, gas meters, and water meters
● Wrote distributed algorithms to monitor and recover wireless mesh networks and cellular connections
upon loss of network, loss of power, or system failure on root, mesh, and leaf devices that resulted in a
50% increase in network stability.
● Developed code to interface with REST API’s and send raw data and JSON via COAP and UDP over
mesh network, ipv4, and ipv6 tunnels to 3 different servers.
display live data from and send commands to prototype IoT devices.
● Developed Bash scripts to automate custom Linux and DSP firmware installation for thousands of Itron
Riva Edge development kits.
● Contributed to custom Linux firmware builds used by Itron and customer developers on thousands of
Kaiser Aluminum | Engineering Intern | Spokane Valley, WA Summer 2015
● Assisted electrical maintenance engineering team improve and maintain existing control and power
systems in a 70 acre aluminum manufacturing facility.
Itron Incorporated | Internships | Liberty Lake, WA Summer 2012 & 2013
Worked 2 consecutive Summers for multiple groups within Itron as Electrical Engineering and Software Engineering intern.
● Developed proof of concept for web-based test framework using Python and Web2Py web apps on a
Raspberry Pi platform.
● Improved debugging skills by writing Python drivers in Linux and Windows environments.
Multithreaded File Server
● Designed and developed multithreaded file server and client in C that utilized sockets, cache, proxy,
message queues, and Inter-Process Communication to serve simultaneous file download requests.
Distributed Spanning Tree Algorithm in Python
● Developed a distributed algorithm that implemented the Spanning Tree protocol on a large set of
● Worked in team of four to design and develop a 2D game in C# utilizing github and Visual Studio that
heavily utilized data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
Title Grade Institution
Graduate Computer Networks B Georgia Tech
Graduate Operating Systems B Georgia Tech
Programming Principles I 4.0 EWU
Programming Principles II 4.0 EWU
Data Structures 4.0 EWU
Design Patterns 4.0 EWU
Operating Systems 3.2 EWU
Relational Database Systems 3.8 EWU
C Programming for Engineers 3.0 EWU
C and Unix Programming 4.0 EWU
Masters of Science in Computer Science at Georgia Tech
Part time online
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering at Eastern Washington University
Magna Cum Laude