Are you looking to harness your unique strengths, supercharge your productivity, and excel in your tech career despite ADHD challenges? Our Coaching for Tech Professionals with ADHD is tailored to support you on your journey to success.
Why We Specialize in
Coaching Tech Founders and Entrepreneurs with ADD / ADHD
Our founder, Brett Greene, has ADHD, and has been coaching hundreds of startups since 2006. His passion for working with smart, fun, creative people led him to realize that a majority of these founders and tech professionals have ADHD or are neurodivergent.
Tech entrepreneurs’ innovative ADHD superpowers (multi-talented, very intelligent, able to manage multiple thought threads all the time, hyperfocus on interesting or hard projects, strategic thinking, high-risk tolerance, comfortable with chaos and change, seeing and solving problems that are invisible to others, empathy, etc.) fuel our success.
Meanwhile, the kryptonite aspects of ADHD (low executive function, low working memory, low dopamine, low serotonin levels, impulsivity, emotional dysregulation, boredom from mundane work, self-absorption, interrupting, challenges communicating clearly, mental and physical restlessness, etc.) hold back or torpedo our success.
Our ADHD coaching program can help you overcome the challenges holding back your success. As you learn to understand how to work with your ADHD brain and create strategic systems, skills, habits, and routines to close the gap between where you are and where you truly want to be.
Why We Specialize in Coaching Tech Professionals with ADD / ADHD
While tech companies attract a much higher number of neurodivergent leaders and team members with ADD (Inattentive ADHD) and ADHD than other industries, most companies struggle with identifying, understanding, supporting, and managing their neurodivergent team members.
- 1 in 20 people have ADHD and 1 in 5 are neurodiverse.
- Adults with ADHD are 70% more likely to struggle with emotional dysregulation.
- Adults with ADHD earn 77% of what a neurotypical person in the same job earns.
- Research estimates that 3.3 million American adults have ADHD, but 85% of those people are undiagnosed.
- When left untreated, adults with ADHD lose an average of 22 days of productivity per year.
- Employees with ADHD are 30% more likely to have chronic employment issues, 60% more likely to be fired from a job, and three times more likely to quit a job impulsively.
- Social rejection by peers, minimizing of their ADHD symptoms, name-calling, lost promotions, bullying, and job termination are only a few examples revealed in ADDA’s Workplace Committee 2014-2015 survey “Did You Disclose Your ADHD at Work?”As a result, ADHDers may experience intense stress as they struggle with shame and guilt as well as working much harder to make up for their productivity challenges.
The tech industry, and gaming in particular, has a much larger percentage of neurodivergent people than other industries. This isn’t surprising since our brains are wired to embrace risk, change, creativity, innovation, resilience, empathy, and novel experiences.
While some forward-thinking companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, IBM, SAP, Dell, and many others understand that having neurodivergent employees is a competitive advantage, most companies have neurotypical cultures that don’t understand how to support neurodivergent team members.
This creates a lot of unnecessary anxiety, depression, imposter syndrome, and other emotions and experiences that take a toll on our mental health, especially if you also have rejective sensitive dysphoria.
The good news is that through our coaching program, you can learn tools and systems to greatly improve your confidence, communication, relationships, and productivity at work and home. Our unique program and strategies are built on the experience of working with over 200 tech professionals who are living with ADHD.
ADD / ADHD is Not a Disability,
it’s a Different Mental Operating System
We believe that ADHD, and neurodivergence, are not disabilities needing accommodation. That misinformed yet common neurotypical interpretation is based on a lack of knowledge about brain chemistry. Our society has not collectively educated us on what ADHD and neurodivergence are.
Neurodivergent brains are simply operating systems that work differently than neurotypical brains. Neither is better or worse, they are simply different like an Android operating system and an Apple operating system on your phone.
ADHDers often feel like they are cosplaying being a neurotypical professional work. This is because we are expected to be good at ‘normal’ neurotypical skills that ‘everyone can do’.
Actually, our neurodivergent brains aren’t designed to navigate neurotypical office politics, norms, and systems that require high executive function and high working memory. They’re only designed to support how neurotypical people think and act.
We understand what a daily struggle this can be. While your workplace may not create neurodivergent systems to support you, through ADHD coaching you can learn how to support yourself better in these environments and educate your colleagues, managers, and friends on how you can all thrive together.
Even if you are a founder or leader with ADHD, your workplace systems are probably neurotypical and create unnecessary, and easily fixable, daily struggles for you and your neurodivergent colleagues.
Why Choose Our Coaching Program for Tech Professionals with ADHD?
- Understanding ADHD in Tech: We specialize in working with tech professionals and deeply understand the challenges and advantages of ADHD in this fast-paced industry.
- Providing Personalized Support: We believe in recognizing your individuality and personal goals. Our ADHD coaching will be tailored to your needs, helping you develop coping strategies and workarounds that fit your unique strengths.
- Developing Time Management and Organization Skills: Learn effective time management techniques and organizational skills to stay focused, meet deadlines, and stay on top of your game in the dynamic tech environment.
- Building Focus and Concentration: Overcome distractions and develop techniques to enhance your focus, allowing you to dive deep into complex tech projects and perform at your best.
- Improving Communication: You can discover simple and fast ways to educate your neurotypical friends, family, members, partners, and coworkers on how having ADHD gives you a different and powerful mental operating system. From this knowledge, you can transform your relationships by creating a new powerful context of how to understand your brain chemistry and behaviors in a neurodivergent context rather than believing you need to behave and have skillsets that are neurotypical.
- Creating Stress Management: Tech can be demanding, but our coaching will guide you in managing stress and preventing burnout, ensuring a balanced and fulfilling professional life.
- Boosting Self-Confidence: Build self-confidence and a positive mindset, empowering you to excel in your tech career and achieve your professional aspirations. Imposter is real and sabotages ADHDers at work daily.
What’s the Process?
- Schedule your discovery call. We’ll look at what you want, what’s in the way, and what’s missing. Then you’ll receive coaching on the issue with the greatest potential impact on your career, company, or life. From there we’ll decide together whether we’re the best coaching fit to get you where you want to go.
- If we both believe that our coaching program is right for you then you can schedule your first coaching session.
- Once you become a New Tech coaching client you schedule as many, or as few, coaching sessions as you like. Coaching sessions are billed hourly at pre-paid affordable rates. You can end the coaching relationship at any time for any reason.
Reach out now to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Here’s What Tech Professionals Like You Have Experienced
“New Tech ADHD Coaching with Brett Greene has been an important part of my journey towards accepting and managing my ADHD diagnosis. Being a part of a group of other professionals who are also affected by ADHD has been not only cathartic but has also made me more comfortable with sharing my diagnosis and my experiences with others.
Brett has done a wonderful job of managing the group, striking the right balance between providing structure and topics to the coaching sessions, while allowing the group to share their experiences and strategies and ultimately dictate the flow of the sessions.” – Niki Yoshiuchi, Lead MTS, Salesforce
“Brett and I met at a period in my life of significant change and self-reflection. Brett was instrumental in helping me establish a foundation and direction for accelerated personal growth and refocus on my career. An active and compassionate listener, Brett doesn’t attempt to provide one-dimensional solutions but rather paths of learning and discovery that allow for greater understanding, rumination, and integration. I intend to keep Brett within reach for years to come, and I would recommend working with Brett to any professional seeking active and lasting growth.” – Bradley James, VP Engineering, White Pages
“New Tech ADHD Coaching with Brett Greene has been invaluable in helping me explore what is meaningful to me professionally and instilling in me the confidence necessary to seek out a career path that aligns with my goals.
Brett has helped me to think about my neurodiversity as an asset rather than a weakness, improve my public speaking, and take concrete steps toward pursuing a career at the intersection of what I’m good at and passionate about.
I always finish our sessions with a warm feeling and renewed optimism to tackle career challenges. Through Brett’s sessions, I’ve learned how career planning, Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria, ADHD, leadership development, relationship building, and public speaking are all related. I’ve also developed healthy new daily habits, such as leaving my phone in another room while working for at least a couple hours every day, and enjoyed being in a group of other professionals with ADHD to learn from other people’s experiences.” – TH, Amazon
“I didn’t find out that I had ADHD until I was 51. Getting that diagnosis put a lot of things in perspective for me as someone who has been starting SAAS companies for 20 years. There’s a reason why I’m attracted to entrepreneurship. First, it taps into a lot of the things I’m good at around problem solving and getting a healthy dose of new challenges. Second, I probably wasn’t a terrific employee.
My undiagnosed ADHD made it hard for me to be good at taking on complex projects, staying organized, and meeting deadlines. Unfortunately, working for myself didn’t make me good at that stuff, it just meant that I couldn’t get fired.
Brett has really helped me to level up as an entrepreneur. Together, we’ve been ramping up my executive function skills so that I can delegate better, get big projects done more efficiently, and spend more time leveraging my ADHD superpowers. I’m having more fun than I’ve ever had and becoming the entrepreneur I’ve always wanted to be.” – RG, serial SaaS founder & CRO
“Being in the New Tech ADHD Coaching group led by Brett Greene has given me my voice. I have felt a lot more bold about not hiding my ADHD and stopped taking the blame and instead putting a name to it. Now I’m upfront and transparent with family and friends which has greatly improved our communication and decreased the challenges related to ADHD.
I’m empowered. Because of this knowledge I’m not going to take it all on anymore. It’s a neurodiverse behavior that I have, not something to hide. I feel unburdened because I can be outright about it. Brett’s coaching helped guide me in gaining insight, tools & support to help me reframe my thinking, live more confidently & authentically & thrive as a high-performing neurodivergent professional. ” – Eileen Lambert, Latine Strategic Consultant & Womxn in Tech
Experience the Power of ADHD Coaching Yourself Now
You won’t know how helpful ADHD coaching can be to improve your life and career until you try it yourself. Your first expert ADHD coaching session is FREE with ZERO obligation. We’ll create an initial strategy for you to start transforming your ADHD struggles into opportunities for you to get more of what you really want.
When you choose to start an ADHD coaching program with us you can decide how long to continue and can end your coaching program at any time for any reason.
We specifically work with how YOUR brain works in order for you to focus, follow through, stay on track, and achieve exactly what you want.