Enhance leadership skills in our 2-day boot-camp for effective people leadership and improve team engagement in hybrid/remote settings.
TWO DAY EVENT – VIRTUAL
February 7th, 9:00AM – 11:30AM PST
February 8th, 9:00AM – 11:30AM PST
As startups grow, you may have moved quickly into a leadership role where you’re managing teams, and sometimes even managing managers for the first time. As a new manager there’s a lot to know, so why not speed up your learning curve? Reverb has created this manager boot-camp to provide practical tips and hands-on experience helping you build foundational skills and improve team engagement, even in hybrid environments.
First time or new managers working in any industry, managers who want a refresh on good management fundamentals, and anyone preparing to transition into management for the first time.
– Identify where your team members are in the learning curve, so you can provide the right amount of direction and support.
– Leverage best practices for setting people up for success.
– Engage in proactive coaching conversations to ensure success and follow up to reinforce success and/or course correct quickly and constructively.
– Improve your ability to manage in hybrid environments.
– Navigate the challenges of being promoted over peers, and how to effectively manage teams you used to be part of.
“I am so glad I participated in the workshop! The conversations we had around delegation were especially useful to me and I have found myself using those principles less than a week later! I recommend taking this class to brush up on management tools and to meet some great innovators from the area!” – Heather at PlutoVR
Facilitator: Gary Ford
Gary’s experience developing people leaders and individual contributors comes from a 16-year career at Nintendo and eleven years as an independent consultant. Since joining Reverb in 2015, he has been working mostly with high-tech startups in the greater Seattle area. Gary’s workshops are highly interactive and full of practical, immediately applicable tools.
Past clients of Gary’s include Pokémon, Rad Power Bikes, Tamarac, Flexe, Undead Labs, Celgene, Alder Bio, and Juno.