Website Bellevue College
Director of Technology Support Services, R21010
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Information Technology Services
Job Number: R21010
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Information Technology Services (VP-ITS) for Bellevue College (BC), the Technology Support Services (TSS) Director is responsible for ensuring a customer-focused approach to delivering information technology for BC. This position provides overall tactical and operational leadership for the Technology Support Services (TSS) Department, directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology tools of the college, maintains technology standards for the organization, and manages the activities necessary to keep the technology support operation running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies. The position also oversees the operations of the Technology Support Services department.
As a key member of the ITS Leadership Team, the Director works with the VP ITS to keep service offerings aligned to current and projected needs of BC. The Director participates in executive level decisions and execution of strategies to achieve the objectives of ITS. The Director serves as the direct representative of the Vice President of Information Technology Service in various meetings, committee assignments, and conferences as needed.
The Director must have in-depth knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM/ITIL) strategies, process, policies, project management, budget management, and best practices, and must have demonstrated a strong customer service orientation.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $100,000. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Technology Support Services (TSS) handles first-line support for employees and students by running the Service Desk, TechHub and open labs for drop-in support as well as by sending out field technicians to support desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and printers in classrooms, labs, and offices across both campuses. TSS also oversees Printing Services.
Planning and implementing the technology support strategy and roadmap
• Meet regularly with college division and department heads, team members, students, faculty and staff to solicit cooperation, plan initiatives meet customer requirements communicate new features and resolve problems.
• Meet regularly with vendors to evaluate changes in their hardware development roadmap in order to establish and update desktop standards for use by individuals and in classroom/service areas.
• Attend industry conferences and technical training to stay informed of industry changes and potential value-added support strategies for the college.
• Maintain and regularly update desktop standards and work closely with the IT Business Operations team to ensure accuracy, timeliness and to leverage economies of scale whenever possible for IT purchases.
Directing the operations of Technology Support Services
• Direct the operations of the IT Service Desk, Desktop & Classroom Support, Managed Print Services and Technology Training.
• Champion IT Service Management (ITSM) process improvements for IT Services.
• In conjunction with fellow Directors in IT Services, monitor and mature various internal ITSM processes: incident, problem, and change management.
Assist in the development and completion of organizational goals, policies, process and procedures
• Contribute to periodic updates to the IT Strategic Technology Plan (3-5 year).
• Manage budget targets and reporting.
• Responsible for Hardware inventory/asset tracking and software licensing compliance; Establishing and monitoring procedures for staff to track and update information to ensure an accurate and complete asset inventory and software licensing compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Four (4) years of professional work experience that is relative to scope, functions and responsibilities of the position
• Six (6) years of managerial/supervisory experience in the field of Information Technology
• Four (4) years’ experience implementing, managing, or maturing IT-related processes
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment with diverse employees and student/customer groups
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field) from accredited institution
• Four (4) years of project management experience
• Four (4) years managing service delivery via Service Level Agreements
• Four (4) years comprehensive administrative level experience in education
• In depth knowledge supporting a diverse computing infrastructure
• In depth knowledge of Learning Management Systems (CANVAS)
• Technical knowledge of hardware, software compliance and deployment practices
• Knowledge of specific security and data protection policies (FERPA, HIPAA, PII, etc.)
• Proven track record of developing high-performance teams
• Demonstrated commitment to student success
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 03/01/2021, 8:00am PST will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is eligible for relocation allowance.Background Check:Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.How To Apply:Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2148021
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.