Website Bellevue College
Effectiveness and Research Project Coordinator, R21016
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Provost Office
Job Number: R21016
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
The Project Coordinator is responsible for monitoring, documenting, and facilitating progress on research projects and initiatives conducted by the Office of Effectiveness and Research, ensuring and advancing the effectiveness of the office. Included in these efforts are the administration of student course evaluations, support for the Institutional Review Board, and general office and communications management.
This position reports to and supports the Executive Director, Effectiveness and Research. Additionally, they will assist the Associate Director, Planning and Accreditation, in support of their efforts on policies and college governance.
To be successful, the Project Coordinator will be organized, detail oriented and efficiency driven. They will engage positively and collaboratively with a diverse and multicultural community to advance college programs and initiatives. Through written and oral communication, creative problem solving, document management and an emphasis both on the process and the outcomes of office and campus initiatives, the Project Coordinator is key for the successful operations of the office and the advancement of data-informed decision-making on campus.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGEThe salary range is from $45,000 to $50,000. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. A generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiplemedical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit the Benefits section, next to the Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse, student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Office of Effectiveness and Research is the source of official college information in support of institutional knowledge management and effectiveness. Effectiveness and Research supports the college’s commitment to student success through
• Strategic planning,
• Research, and
• Institutional continuous improvement efforts
Student Course Evaluation Administration
• Manage quarterly evaluation schedule and messaging to students and faculty.
• In collaboration with deans, directors and tenure review committee, determine open and close dates that are in alignment with the faculty contract.
• Act as primary point of contact and first responder to system user issues.
• Provide tutorials and training for students, faculty, staff and administration.
• Create annual institutional report.
Project Coordination and Management
• Provide an initial review of data requests submitted through Request Center and assign requests to Effectiveness and Research staff or others.
• Manage and seek improvements to office workflows, archives and documentation efforts.
• Monitor and advance progress on major projects and initiatives.
Institutional Review Board Coordination
• Coordinate the work of the Institutional Review Board (IRB), which approves research involving human subjects at the college.
• Collaborate principal investigators (PIs) to facilitate IRB submissions.
• Provide an initial review of IRB submissions.
• Manage IRB documents and work flows, including setting meetings and communicating decisions.
• Maintain documentation to meet federal compliance and monitor the external regulatory environment to ensure accurate processes.
Other Administrative and Communications Support
• Respond to and/or redirect incoming general calls or emails to the office.
• Monitor office budgets, purchases, and reimbursements.
• Support the Executive Director, Effectiveness and Research as needed.
• Schedule and set up meetings.
• Maintain Effectiveness and Research web pages on the Bellevue College website and within the college’s intranet.
• Proofread and edit Effectiveness and Research publications and materials.
• Prepare and manage documents and training materials.
• Support the Associate Director, Planning and Accreditation as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Three years of professional experience in document management and project support.
• At least one year of experience working with both quantitative and qualitative data, analyses, visualizations and reports.
• Effective communication skills.
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment with diverse employees and student/customer groups.
• Experience working in higher education or state government.
• Experience in copy editing or technical writing.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 03/09/2021will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.Background Check:Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.How To Apply:Click on the wordApply at the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2158825
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.