There are many international city governments working to make it easier for companies in Seattle and elsewhere to open satellite offices in their cities. Here are some that are active in the Seattle community:
Crosscadia – We are connectors. We are business matchmakers. We are passionate about the Pacific Northwest region and forging valuable relationships throughout the world. Crosscadia provides customized foreign trade and investment consulting services to the world’s leading economic development agencies. Our partners have delivered on-the-ground support for clients at the national, state, and municipal levels for over 12 years.
ExpandAndLaunch is based in the UK and helps innovative Northwest technology companies expand their business into new European and UK markets. If your company improves or depends on wireless connectivity, communications or telecoms, and you want access to new overseas markets, then contact us.
Our team has been delivering pioneering technologies to global markets since 1996, with our most recent engagement (Bellevue company, RootMetrics) being acquired by London-based information powerhouse IHS Markit.
So if you’re ready to test the international waters, get in touch today and we’ll help with informed in-region insights and practical support to drive your overseas success.
Export Washington, a service of the Washington State Department of Commerce, provides small cash grants, called export vouchers, of up to $5,000 to help small businesses offset certain export-related expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions by New Immigrants – Whenever arriving in a new place, it can be difficult to find answers to common questions. We aim to answer the questions most frequently asked by immigrants upon their arrival to Washington. The following is a welcome resource in the form of a Q&A for two types of visa holders: 1) international students arriving in the U.S. for the first time, and 2) professionals entering with a work-sponsored visa. We hope it will be helpful in situating yourself in your new home.
Fukuoka City (Japan) is one of the most vibrant exciting cities in Japan. With the designation as the Special Zone for Global Startups & Job Creation, we focus on developing and nurturing entrepreneurs by implementing various initiatives. Attracting foreign companies is another focus area of our development efforts, so the city offers various support programs for companies wishing to establish business in the city. Fukuoka City has conducted various promotional activities like seminars and events especially in Seattle where our Mayor also visited in June 2015. (In March 2016, we participated in NewTechSeattle!) Fukuoka City serves as the gateway to Asia. We look forward to developing your business with you! Learn more about the Fukuoka City Business Establishment Support Program.
London & Partners is the official promotional company for London and the experts on doing business in the UK’s capital, helping overseas businesses to set up, and grow. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth. London & Partners is a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners. We have assisted over 2500 companies worldwide expand to and grow in London and can advise on every aspect of locating and doing business there, free of charge. We have offices located in strategic locations in the US (SF, LA and NY), India and China and our HQ based in London. We work with companies in all sectors, sizes and stages and have assisted local companies including Tableau Software, DocuSign, SnapIn, Finsphere, HasOffers and Airbiquity to name a few.
- London & Partners services: http://invest.london/about-us/our-services
- Why London: http://invest.london/why-london
- London; the Opportunity to Scale-up: http://invest.london/insights/scale
- Exciting video montage/glimpse into London’s Tech and Digital Landscape and opportunities: London Leads for Tech and Digital
- Essentials of Setting Up in London; this comprehensive GUIDE encompasses advice from expert advisor partners in legal, tax, immigration, banking and insurance, recruitment, HR and benefits, office space, PR, networking and where to live in London
- Hitting the Ground Running: A roadmap detailing all the key steps for global expansion – all of which we can assist with.
Pacific Northwest Economic Region (PNWER)– is a statutory public/private non-profit created in 1991 by the states of Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Washington, and the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories. Our mission is to increase the economic well-being and quality of life for all citizens of the region, while maintaining and enhancing our natural environment. The goals of PNWER are to:
- Coordinate provincial and state policies throughout the region
- Identify and promote “models of success”
- Serve as a conduit to exchange information.
- Promote greater regional collaboration
- Enhance the competitiveness of the region in both domestic and international markets
- Leverage regional influence in Ottawa and Washington D.C.
- Achieve continued economic growth while maintaining the region’s natural environment