Thursday December 17th 5PM-6PM PDT
With increasing rates of mental illness, we increasingly find ourselves called to the role of ally. Where do you start being a good ally to people managing mental illness? The answer is on a couch, in a hug and at the grocery store. In this session I’ll explain the different ways we can all become a good ally.
Some question’s we will cover:
- What is an ally in the world of mental health?
- What’s the different between mental health and mental illness, and what does that mean to an ally?
- What are the challenges facing a mental health ally?
- What are the specific things a mental health ally might pay attention to?
- How do you deliver care and support as a mental health ally?
Our featured speaker James Pratt is a leadership and culture coach, teacher, speaker and writer on the topic of leadership, culture and mental health at work. James is the founder of Reflective Management, helping to develop leaders and culture, and also the founder of the Silent Superheroes podcast.